Need advice

mystic1

KB'd BITCH!!!!
Established Member
Well I raced a 96 cobra yesterday with 150 shot, MAM (80mm), Throttle Body, 4.10 gears, and 245/35/15 Nittos. Well i spun very hard through first and couldn't hook for my life. He only put three car lenghts on me and quit pulling. So my question is what can I do to get the weight transfer better on my car? I'm ordering my tuner on monday for the pulley and want revenge bad!!!! Please sound off, anything would be great.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Where in Illinois are you located? That sounds almost exactly like my friends car...

mystic1

KB'd BITCH!!!!
Established Member
TABRES it was Phil's cobra. Dam that car is fast. Just don't know what happend but it was a good race. I was glad that it was a cobra that beat me and not something else. Yeah I shut down after running threw second.

Fubu 795 I heated the tire pretty well before we raced. Don't know what was going on just lost traction??? I will fix that though

mystic1

KB'd BITCH!!!!
Established Member
Anywhere from 2500-3000 rpms. I hook better with a full tank of gas, but I didn't stop and get gas(had less than half) because I'm a tard.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Originally posted by mystic1
TABRES it was Phil's cobra. Dam that car is fast. Just don't know what happend but it was a good race. I was glad that it was a cobra that beat me and not something else. Yeah I shut down after running threw second.

I thought that had to be him.

No shame in losing to him, that car is damn quick.

Where did this occur? You're from the area?

mystic1

KB'd BITCH!!!!
Established Member
Yeah actually down in the QC by the downs. I live in Geneseo. I was up in Kewanee Just friday with Ryan V. We were there for like 5 minutes and Phil was trying to get me to race him, but we wait till saturday. I think if I could have gotten a good launch it would have been closer. To boot he almost F**CKING rearend me!!!

mystic1

KB'd BITCH!!!!
Established Member
Yeah I know more power won't help that is why I'm trying to figure out what else I can down to get better weight transfer from the car. It was just weird that the night before I was hooking like a mad man, but that was with a full tank???

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Yeah, he's a crazy s.o.b... total race whore, nice guy though.

Thats awesome you're local, small world, eh? If you ever see me around, as I get to Geneseo every once in a while, chase me down and say hi. I'd love to check out your car and just shoot the shit. :)

I'll stop getting your thread off topic now, sorry :p

Users who are viewing this thread