Need Advise: Lebanon Ford 2017 Mustang Roush Stage 2

17ChargedStang

I will try and make this short since I have been dealing with this for the past month.
I purchased my 2017 Automatic Mustang GT with 3:55 gears from Lebanon Ford. I got the special with the Roush 727 horse, Stage 2 kit.
Car was delivered and I meticoulously broke the car in.
During this period, I was advised by Roush to have the computer flashed as when I got the car they didn't have the correct tune.
Upon having enough mileage, I brought the car to a dyno. Everything is stock.
The best of the three pulls was 485 horse to the rear tires. Obviously I was very upset. I contacted Lebanon Ford and Roush. I was told they have an updated tune. I brought it to a local dealership for the second time and had the computer re-flashed.
Brought it back to the dyno and now I'm at 515 horse to the rear tires. I still feel that this is very low and not what I paid for.
The dyno machine was Mustang and Roush has advised me that I need to bring my car to a DynoJet and make sure that the car is cool. Roush will not pay for the dyno nor has offered to pay for the previous dyno runs.
I have three questions.
1.) Has anyone else that has purchased this type of vehicle had their vehicle on the dyno? Can you let me know what numbers you are seeing?
2.) Do you guys feel that my current horse of 515 is accurate based on my car and the Roush Stage 2 kit?
3.) Do you guys feels that having a dyno on a DynoJet will make that much of a difference or should I not waste another $100?
Any advise is greatly appreciated.

NJredfire03

Established Member
Mustang dyno is MUCH lower than a DynoJet. 100 bucks for a tune verification and DJ numbers is worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Mustang Dyno will read a lot lower than a DynoJet.
I have read about people having issues with the Phase 2 tune, 727HP/610TQ cars.
Do yourself a favor and go to mustang6g.com and do your research there. Some people have had issues with the tune, while others have not. (Maybe they do, but just don't know it.) A lot of them have gone with Palm beach Tuning, Lund or VMP for tuning, which will give you a more aggressive tune than what Roush supplies.
Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread