Need an everyday car

trolls56

Established Member
Hey well im getting sick of driving my fox and it breakin all the time and its not very streetable anymore. So im lookin at getting something for everyday. Well I was wanting a 99+ gt but kinda unreasonable to have two mustangs. So i started lookin at rangers then though maybe a focus well of coarse if i get a focus i want a svt but not sure if the svt is worth the 4 grand extra. Ive only driven a 4 door auto se as a rental car. Is the svt worth the extra money?

Tired

Needs 4 more cylinders.
Established Member
If you want strait out of the box goodness, with a whole helluva lot of potential once the parts ball gets rolling, yes, the SVT is a great choice. If you want something that is rather gutless stock, doesnt exactly do anything well but can potentially be a pretty nice car with a good bit of time and money, then go for a regular ZX3.

Contrary to what most people think, the $4000+ you pay for a SVTF over a normal ZX3 goes toward alot more than more horses and pretty rims.

elliot400

Certifiable SVT Poster
Established Member
Well said, and so true. Go for the SVTF. You'll find it to be a great everyday driver. I used to have a 92 LX, with a Novi 2000 kit. Damn fast. Not as fun as the focus though. Ciao!

fast95pony

Established Member
I had a 4 door Focus SE for a year as a daily driver. It was good,but kind of dull. Then I took a test drive in a SVT . I signed the papers right there ! Equipped with good snow tires it's great in winter too !

Tired

Needs 4 more cylinders.
Established Member
Total MSRP for an 03 SVTF ZX3 with Moonroof and 6CD shouldnt be anymore than $20,000. Add $450+ for HID Headlights, some $800 for the engine block heater and traction control (also known as the winer package), or you can pay well over $21,000 for the European Package and get all those goodies plus spoked wheels and 2 diffrent colors.

Most people ive spoken to havent paid more than $17-18,000, almost completely due to cash back rewards or discounts.

trolls56

Established Member
Just went to the local dealership and they have 2 both sonic blue one two door the other four door. The 2 door has a sun roof hid lights and the upgraded audio. The sticker on it is 20400. There any rebates or anything on them?

Primaris

Established Member
Euro's sticker for 22,540 (this includes 545 destination and delivery)

Users who are viewing this thread