Need Assistance: 'Trunk Ajar' Indicator Showing Yet Trunk Is Closed on 2012 5.0

SilverStallion

Attn To Detail
Established Member
Need Assistance: 'Trunk Ajar' Indicator Showing Yet Trunk Is Closed - this started happening on Friday and has not stopped. Is this a code or is it possible a sensor in the trunk latch has failed. I have shot the latch with compressed air and had no luck with a fix.

Any advice would be appreciated.

~Darren

Blown281USMC

Established Member
It's under warranty.... Take it to the dealer.

Or, do what I am doing for my car and my wife's new Escape. I am making a list of all the little things and when I take it in for the first service I am handing it to them and telling them to fix it all.

So Far:
Escape - passanger power seat motor does not go forward, passenger power mirror goes left and right but not up and down
Roush - foot rest (on far left next to clutch) fell off, got stuck under brake pedal and almost killed me

I figure I am paying out my ass for these vehicles, I'm not gonna get my hands dirty on the little crap that they can take care of.

ArabianOak

Established Member
It's under warranty.... Take it to the dealer.

Or, do what I am doing for my car and my wife's new Escape. I am making a list of all the little things and when I take it in for the first service I am handing it to them and telling them to fix it all.

So Far:
Escape - passanger power seat motor does not go forward, passenger power mirror goes left and right but not up and down
Roush - foot rest (on far left next to clutch) fell off, got stuck under brake pedal and almost killed me

I figure I am paying out my ass for these vehicles, I'm not gonna get my hands dirty on the little crap that they can take care of.

Listen up devildog...how the hell you got those cars on your USMC pay?

and yes, get her to the dealer. ask for the boss as a loaner.

Chuck@Evolution

Established Member
Check the connector at the latch on the trunk lid itself. If it came unplugged, the BCM would interpret this as the trunk being open.

Users who are viewing this thread