Need Car advice

mustangmiller

Deuce Performance
Established Member
I will soon be graduating college and was looking to buy a honda civic or something like that good on gas. I DD a fox now, I will post a picture below. I was going to keep my fox and start making payments on a new honda so I can drive my fox on the weekends or whatever. Well my dad has offered to give me his 05 50k mile F150 for what ever I can sell my fox for (5 grand or something) and he will get a new truck with my 5k down payment.

The question is do I keep my fox and make payments on a honda or take my dads truck that is paid off. I guess the only down side to the truck is its 2 wheel drive and the 4.6 but it is paid off. What do you think?

web11.jpg

web17.jpg

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
2000 Honda Civic SI FTW!
i'm trying to find one now for my DD

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
Keep the fox, although that is a killer deal on the truck.

You will miss not having a car, unless you plan on picking another one up to go along with the truck.

I sold a 94 Formula a little over a year ago for a 05 Trailblazer that had 44K miles. The first month it was alright... But after that, I regretted it every single day.

I couldnt take it anymore and pretty much just dumped it and bought my 02 SS. Sold it for $7,200 to my mother (what I owed on it) since she needed a DD and didnt want to rock her 02 CLK430 in the winter anymore.

Thats one clean mustang you have there. Why not just BUY your fathers truck off him?

Dusten

Established Member
I say do the logical thing.
Figure out what the truck is going to cost you yearly in insurance, fuel, and maintenance. do the same for the civic and the fox. Whichever is the cheaper route, is the route i would go.

fastford21g

Gear Head
Established Member
Your fox looks pretty clean - Id have a hard time giving it up . . . . .Why dont you try to find a cheep used car ?? Low payments, get to keep the fox, best of both worlds

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
yeah what camaro said about buying the truck from your dad and having both your fox and the truck..

tj04cobra

Established Member
I say do the logical thing.
Figure out what the truck is going to cost you yearly in insurance, fuel, and maintenance. do the same for the civic and the fox. Whichever is the cheaper route, is the route i would go.

Thats a great idea.

That is one clean ass looking fox OP :beer:

mustangmiller

Deuce Performance
Established Member
Stinks I can only get the truck if I sell the fox my dad thinks I dont need two cars so the only way he will give me the good deal is if I do not have the fox. So if I keep the fox no truck. That part really stinks. Im thinking it would be nice to have a car good on gas but it would be really nice to have something paid off.

Thanks for the comments on the car. It is in real good shape and I do not want to sell it. I think its quite funny my mom is the one saying I should keep it and my dad is the one saying i dont need toys right now. I guess we know the true mustang lover.

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
Grab a gas sipper. The F150 will still kill you in gas, and you'll kick yourself for selling such a clean fox body. Grab a Civic or something else that's good on gas, like an SVT Focus or something.

Users who are viewing this thread