Need Catback advice for wife's 04 GT

NJCOBRA10thA

Really thats my last mod.
Established Member
Wife is a bit jealous of the bark my 03 Cobra with Borla Stinger makes, but she doesn't want it as loud as mine.

What do you guys run on late GT's. I am thinking Magnaflow exhaust. She wants some power and better sound but not as loud as the Stinger, but she does love the look of the Stinger.

I was thinking about lots of possibilities including starting with an X-pipe with or without cats before doing the exhaust.

Right now her only mod is silencer removed and K&N Filter.

Thanks for the advice.

Dan

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
I would go with bassani cat-back with a catted x (cats quiet it down) I think bassani is the best sounding cat-back out there, but that is just me. I have street comp on my cobra and there is no drone at all. I bet she would love the quiet thunder on her GT :thumbsup:

99GTCONV

Established Member
BORLA STINGER CATBACK FOR SALE HERE, USED LESS THAN 1500 MILES AND THE CATBACK HAS NO SCRATCHES, DINGS, OR IMPERFECTIONS IN IT WHATSOEVER. IT'S LIKE BRAND NEW. MAKE OFFER IF INTERESTED.

XCELR8

I love my 4V
Established Member
MAC...... A MAC cat back with the factory tips will give it a perfect tuned rumble. The original 3 1/2" chrome tips that the MAC system comes with makes it a little to loud and the sound quality isn't as nice, the factory 3" tips makes it sound beautiful!!

NJCOBRA10thA

Established Member
Originally posted by XCELR8
MAC...... A MAC cat back with the factory tips will give it a perfect tuned rumble. The original 3 1/2" chrome tips that the MAC system comes with makes it a little to loud and the sound quality isn't as nice, the factory 3" tips makes it sound beautiful!!

Sorry I wouldn't touch Mac with a 10 foot pole. But thanks for your comment.

XCELR8

I love my 4V
Established Member
Originally posted by NJCOBRA10thA
Sorry I wouldn't touch Mac with a 10 foot pole. But thanks for your comment.

Why not? I have been very happy with it. Do you know something that I don't or something?

90Cent

Banned
bassani, just put a catted x and catback on my car yesterday. it sounds incredible. not too loud at all at cruise, screams at wot

NJCOBRA10thA

Established Member
Originally posted by XCELR8
Why not? I have been very happy with it. Do you know something that I don't or something?

My biggest problem is the local guy that sells it is a Moron, F'd my Cobra by welding Subframes without a load and insists it was done properly. Once I realized - next day I had cut and reinstalled properly under load.

IMHO MAC looked fair at best and for me part was about the power and part was about the look. No way you can say MAC looks as good as a stinger.

People either love or hate MAC, I don't care for it.

If it works for you great, but it's not for me.

Dan

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
i am tryin to sell my magnaflow catback so i can buy a bassani catback........i love the magnaflow but i would just rather have FULL BASSANI!!!!!!!!
pm me if you are interested

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
I'm a little different than most. I went with the Steeda/Borla sidexit. It has the typical Borla sound that you can't mistake. If you're not into the side stuff I understand. I would still suggest the Borla for sheer unique sound. I'm sure it won't be overly loud for your wife, unless she has her foot in it all the time. ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread