Need clutch advice !

2003 SVT ROUSH

~SNAKE AND BAKE~
Established Member
Hey i zapped my clutch last night .... its a RPS clutch with RPS flywheel .. that thing never felt right opposed to other clutches iv had in all my mustangs anywho i want to try a different clutch that has plenty of grabbing power ... what would you guys recommend?? also too i would like to keep the RPS flywheel will other clutches such as centerforce..mcleod..zoom...spec ... will any of these clutched work with my rps flywheel?? if anyone could help advise me id appretiate it ... just trying to see what the most recommended clutch is for this car .. i make the power in my sig at the bottom and i will more then likely make more power down the road so ill want room to grow

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
You could go with the Spec Stage 3+ but i'd look into the Zoom clutches they are reasonably priced as well as strong clutched, my replacement for my Centerforce DF is going to be the Zoom ZVT stage 3 most likely. If you don't mind spending a little more the twin disc setups are your best bet.

I'm not too sure about the RPS flywheel though, my fidanza has the replaceable ring, you can have yours turned if it isn't interchangable.

Helomech74

Established Member
Is the RPS flywheel for 11" or 10.5" clutches. When I was looking at them, they were only offered in a 10.5". If it works with an 11" unit, I have a 350 mile old Ram Powergrip HDT clutch for sale in the classifieds. It's for a 26spline input though, not sure if you have one or not. It grabs and holds very well, and is very streetable with slight chatter in 1st and reverse which started to go away before pulling it out of the car. It was pulled because the car it was in is going to be getting a powerglide.

Users who are viewing this thread