Need clutch advise

Myusername

Established Member
Hi all, I looked around the web and could not find any info. Has anyone here had a Fidanza v1 or a ram hdx clutch for their mt82 coyote gt? Are either any good? I don't read about people getting either of them but I don't have McLeod money. I noticed they are not being carried by some places and I have stumbled across both really cheap. If anyone has had either or both how did you like them? Noise/chatter/stiffness etc.
thanks guys

Myusername

Established Member
That's not a bad price, but I was mainly wondering about the Fidanza v1 and the ram hdx. I found both for less than 200, but I haven't been able to find any review on them.

Rodinator

Established Member
Not the same but I had a Ram HDX in my LT1 z28 cam, long tubes, roller rockers put 355hp to the back tire. With that being said I would not recommend the Ram HDX it lasted about a summer before the pressure plate warped. It's a dual friction design and I think all the heat and slip was on the pressure plate side it got to where it wouldn't completely disengage.

oldbones

The blue bowtie
Established Member
Do yourself a favor and install a mcleod twin disk. I've had a spec 3+ and exedy 500 and the twin disks are a must for over 7000 rpm shifts.

Rodinator

Established Member
I second the twin disk, I know it's a big expense but we'll worth it. I have not personally owned one but I have driven a LS Fbody in the 575hp range with one and they are the ticket to going fast with a manual.

nsty4vlve

Got Boost?
Established Member
I plan on making 750 wheel here soon. I'm still on stock clutch so we will see how it lasts. My plan is to th400 swap it in the next few years. So I have zero need to spend 1200 bucks on a clutch that I'll just get rid of. My plan is to get a good single disc until the trans eats itself.

Myusername

Established Member
Wow. Ok. Thanks for the info. I guess that's why they must be on clearance for 150 bucks. Thanks all for your help!!

rotarymagic

Established Member
I've had two of the supposedly higher end Ram clutches and the pressure plates exploded on me with 500rwhp in a previous car in less than 1000 miles and 10 pulls. You couldn't pay me to buy their junk ever again. I had good luck with the Spec3+ though and Centerforce DFX was allright until my input shaft let go and I went 26spline in a Tremec 3650 with the Spec 3+ which lived 15,000 miles and was still working fine when I sold my car.

Users who are viewing this thread