Need drag radial help!

mj8

Established Member
Which would be my best choice to use on 17x9 rims? I will be going to the track a lot but will also do some street runs. I do not want to replace half shafts everyday so keep this in mind. I did not make this into a poll for all those poll lovers out there. :lol:

I will be trying to hook up with roughly 500/500.

275/40/17 Mickey Thompson® ET Street® Radial
275/40/17 BFGoodrich g-Force T/A Drag Radial 2
315/35/17 NT 555R Drag Radial

combatstang

BoOsTaHoLiC
Established Member
nittos will last the longest.. the other two hook better, u wont brake anything, tires are very soft!!

wheel hop breaks

Marc

Badgts

Ferrari Slayer
Established Member
I would go with the ET Street radial for a 17x9 rim. They seem to have the softest compound of the 3 tires you have listed and will fit your rim well. To avoid breakage (like combatstang said) just launch being careful not to induce wheel hop. With 500/500 this will require some clutch slippage.

Last edited:

astippich

Established Member
I ran bfg dr's on my stock wheels and they hook great, they won't last real long if you do burnouts though.

Fast Willy

Established Member
The BFG's work really well at the track. They dont hook up as good on the steet but def a great inprovment over the stock. They also only last about 5-7,000 miles. The nittos are very good both at the track and street. The BFG's are better at the track however. But the Nitto's do last around 12-15,000 miles depending on how hard you are with them burnouts and what not... And I dont know anything about the MT besides that they are a good brand.

Users who are viewing this thread