Need educated answers

Woodys2000

Run 9's or STFU
Established Member
I have a Hellion T-76 Turbo on my built MMR Motor, with a Lentch full manual Auto. In that I have a 4500 Stall converter. It would over heat quick on the streets (tranny that is) So I installed an F-250 super duty tranny cooler. Now I am having no over heating issues. However I am thinking it is still getting too hot in the converter on the street with the high stall. Oh and it's non-lock up as well. I would like to know what do you think is the best street strip converter I can get for my Cobra? I have run a best of 10.24 in the car so far and plan on upping the boost in order to run the just out of my reach 9 second pass. With that said I am running 3:73s in the rear and am going through the traps at near 6500 rpms. What gear do you guys think I should change to as Upping the boost I am thinking it will turn a little harder on the big end. Thanks for any help.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
I would go with either 3.08, of 3.27-3.31 gears and a big rear tire, 28"preferably.

As far as the converter. A 10" UCC converter is about the best you can go with. My trans stays pretty damn cool even in the heat. Also if you are running the cooler infront of your radiator you are most likely getting it heat soaked from the radiator. What kind of temps are you seeing and what size is you current converter?

Woodys2000

Run 9's or STFU
Established Member
The converter size I can not remember to be honest, but now the tranny stays around 150ish. Before the front mount the tranny temps would hit well over 200 and the tranny would begin puking fluid. The original set up had a small tranny cooler in front of the drivers side wheel but it didn't move air as well and it did have a slap fan pulling air across it. I do run a 28" tire as well just fyi, I run a 28X12.50. What gear and stall do you run Juiced?

76mmsaleen

Established Member
i have a lyntch in my car, but i talked to lyn, and he told me to run some john deer hydro. fluid or some ams oil in it..

what fluid do you run in it right now ???

Users who are viewing this thread