Need good DSLR camera recomendation for christmas present

vertcobra99

dacube
Established Member
Hello All,

I am going to get the wife a camera she has been wanting for christmas this year.

So far after all the reviews I have read it seems like the Canon EOS Rebel T3i is the way to go unless any of you have any better recomendations.

Looking to spend less then 700 or so dollars.

Let me know if there are any better options.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
They have some package deals on amazon. Checkout catema camera.

I went through them and bought my girlfriend a nikon 5100 package for a good deal.

Last edited:

SVT Wylde

The Accountant
Established Member
The T3i is a good camera but you can buy the much better T4i (has touchscreen, 5 FPS continuos shooting, and cross type autofocus system) with the 18-55mm kit lens for $649 dollars which is a stellar deal. The 18-55mm kit lens doesn't have much range so if you want a zoom you can add the 55-250mm lens later. It's going for $255 right now but if you wait you can get it on sale for $150-$180.

If you can stretch your budget you can have the T4i with the 18-135STM lens for $865 dollars and have a camera with 1 lens that covers a wider range.

Last edited:

vertcobra99

dacube
Established Member
I read that the T3i is just as good if not better then the T4i accept it has a touch screen.

I have been looking at the Sony SLT-A57 and SLT-A65

Anyone have any experience with those? They seem to be getting excellent reviews.

Users who are viewing this thread