Need help any 11sec bolt-on Cobra's?

calwyglfer

Established Member
Need to know of any 11 sec bolt-on Cobra's out there and who it is and what times they run. Trying to settle a bet with a friend please help.

StangD281

Established Member
Check around in the '03 Cobra forum for the signatures of some of the posters. You will see numerous 11 sec timeslips.

It took a smaller pulley (3.1 or less), chip, exhaust, air filter kit, and decent driving skills. There is an 11 second timeslip. If that doesn't do it, buy some sticky tires.

DemonSVT

The Mad Modder!
Established Member
Originally posted by Red99SVT
Or just check out my times..I dont need no stinkin blower:lol:

Nathan Green

What's that with? 225+ shot of Nitrous?

Your trap speeds are very slow for 11's???

Red99SVT

Established Member
Actually my MPH is right on for what I run. You have to remember my car has no power adder whatsoever. If it had a 225 shot it better go out of the 11's:lol:

Nathan Green

DemonSVT

The Mad Modder!
Established Member
If you are running 11.9 @ 112 with no power adders I definitely know where all the nitrous is going... :rollseyes :burn:

That's easily over 450HP NA. Bullsh~t!!!

...and Still you'd have to let off to run that slow MPH!!!

calwyglfer

Established Member
Originally posted by Red99SVT
Or just check out my times..I dont need no stinkin blower:lol:

Nathan Green

I was wondering if you could list your mods for me, and very nice time. :thumbsup:

Red99SVT

Established Member
DemonSVT.. I hate to say it, but you are an idiot. Plain and simple. If you dont think those times are possible, then you need to look around a little more. My car is fast for what is done to it, but not quite as fast as a few guys? Ever heard of Bob Cosby? Look at his times and MPH. I have no respect for someone who doubts something just because they could not do it. GROW UP>>

CALWYGLFER.. Mods are... Solid axle, 4:56 gears, Full HAL/QA1 suspension, Hooker LT's and X-pipe, Borla Mufflers, C&L 80 MAF, Powerpipe, Diablo Chip..I think that is about it.

BTW.. I have a NX kit getting ready to go on. BRING IT!!!:lol:

Nathan Green

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
Why is it bs? you can get a n/a cobra in the 11's with little more than gears,exhaust,chip and a stick axle and its well documented. His mph is just fine considering, its a suspension/gear car. he prolly dynos in the 300-330rwhp mark. Which is prolly no more than 380 on the crank. Which is damn good in my book. Bob Cosby dynoed at 307rwhp when he was runin 11.80's

97 horse snake

Established Member
is this all on slicks? what would it take to hit 11's on street tires? is it possible? just curious cause i don't have slicks. i like the track, just not enough to buy them and times are slow at work, so i'm broke.

Joe Lynch

Established Member
I've run 12.4 at 3000 feet altitude on motor. Nathan's times are legit. And mine is a convertible. Go to work car. But it launches really, really, good. And i've not seen 110 mph ever on motor at this altitude. Lucky to see 109 most of the time. But I can 60' in the low 1.6s on motor.

Same car on a NX 100 shot, 11.6 at only 116 mph with a 1.43 60', second time out, again, at this altitude. Lots of folks are in the 11s at low altitude on slicks with a stock motor. And the mph are slow. They hook and get it.

Take a look at this....

http://www.anythingcars.com/users/jlynch/pen1130launch.jpg

Joe Lynch

Bob Cosby

Established Member
I will also vouch for Nathan's times, and I will throw out my own.

First 11 second run was an 11.95 @ 112.36 mph. This was on BFG DR's, with 303 RWHP @ 3325 lbs. I can assure you that I wasn't letting off. Here's the timeslip:

1195.jpg

Better yet....here's a video...

3 mb MPG
700k WMV

Best run with that power and weight combo was an 11.85 @ 112.81 a couple of months later. Here's that timeslip:

1185.jpg

Best pass ever is the 11.67 in my sig. 312 RWHP, 3225 lbs, slicks. Here's that timeslip:

1167.jpg

If I may offer some friendly advice....don't call BS on that which you have no knowledge of.

Red99SVT

Established Member
Thanks Bob and Joe..

Bob.. I have a question for ya. What altitude do you usually race at? I know we were at the track last weekend( didnt have my car) and everyone seemed to be going really fast for their cars. The altitude was 800ft., and everyone was saying how good that was. I was just wondering how that compares to the weather you race in? How much of a difference does that make? I have always wondered?

Joe.. Dou you think -4 line will be enough to support the fuel side of the NX kit? I am using -6 from the cell to the pump and -4 everywhere else? I am gonna talk to NX about it. I am using low pressure stuff, also. What do you think?

Thanks again guys.

Nathan Green

calwyglfer

Established Member
Great times guys:thumbsup: this is what i was hoping to see! Now if i could just get one of the tracks in my area to do some prep maybe i can see 60' like yours. I have a pretty descent setup for my suspension and i am running ET street and due to track prep, i mean no track prep i can't pull better than a 1.7 flat and it's just killing my times:mj: !

With the Famoso track opening in Feb, i am hoping to see much better times with there great traction that i hear about.

Keep the times coming everyone.

Joe Lynch

Established Member
Nathan--Ask NX if the standard shark nozzle that comes in their EFI kit will atomize the fuel OK at the low pressure. I think it will be fine, but you should ask. The EFI wet kit is sized for 45-50 psi. Since all the pressure drop is taken across the jet and not the nozzle outlet, I think the low pressure will be fine.

Are you going to run the line all the way up to the engine bay, then put a regulator there and return line back to the cell? If you do it that way, there is no static column of fluid to accelerate into the jet when the solenoid opens. I would have to calculate whether the inertia is significant or not. My opinion is that it is.

Same on the fuel line size. Low pressure system, may need to have -4 all the way to the solenoid.

Joe

Red99SVT

Established Member
Joe.. I talked to NX and the fuel jet is all that need to be changed over to use low pressure. As for the cell...I am using a JAZ junior dragster cell that is gonna be mounted under the hood somewhere. I am moving my battery to the back to clear out some room. NX said that -4 would not be big enough on low pressure, because it will not flow as much volume, so here is the gameplan. -8 from cell to pump and -8 from pump to regulator. Thenh I am using -6 from regulator to solenoid and using the -3 from solenoid to nozzle. He said that volume is the key on low pressure, and it makes sense. I got my kit today and it looks really sweet. I have given this a lot of thought. I sure hope it works. I think it is gonna be a pretty good setup. BTW..Those NX solenoids are huge:) . What do you think? Any suggestions?

Nathan Green

Joe Lynch

Established Member
Nathan--That sounds great!! I had assumed you were putting everything in back and that was why I was concerned with the line size and the regulator position.

Putting everything up front solves the problem. With the stuff up front you should be fine. I agree on the line size.

How much pump are you using and what brand? Are you going to install a low fuel pressure switch on the standalone system? I sure would. Set it at about 2/3 of the normal fuel pressure and wire it in series with the coil relay for the nitrous system solenoids.

Also, fuse then nitrous and fuel solenoid power, tie the solenoids together on the ground side and the power side, so that they both have to be energized together, and, if anything happens to the wiring on one, they both fail to actuate.

I had more trouble with the purge line than anything, LOL. Put a ferrule on the outlet end of the 3/16" tubing NX gives you with the purge kit and then partially flatten the end of the tubing so that the ferrule can't slip off. Then push a fuel line hose over the ferrule and clamp it with a screw clamp. Then the hose can't blow off the tubing. Bend some small copper tubing to fit through the hood gap at the windshield washer nozzle area and clamp it in place so it can't move, put a ferrule over the inlet end, install the hose just like at the solenoid end.

The purge tubing gets cold and will get too brittle if you use clear tubing, use fuel hose. If you try to clamp fuel hose on the bare tubing at either end, it will blow off. Believe me.

You better have a good chassis set up and rear end to take the wet nitrous kit hit on launch. It is incredible.

I think we've hijacked Calwyglyfer's thread.

Joe

Last edited:

calwyglfer

Established Member
Don't worry guys, it's all good.:thumbsup:

Bob and red99svt - what suspension's do you run? What spring rate are you using up front and size?

Red99SVT

Established Member
My suspension setup is..

Front.. HAL/QA1 fully adjustable struts with coilovers and 200lb springs. No front swaybar. Steeda CC plates.

Back.. HAL/QA1 12 adjustable shocks. V6 springs. Solid axle with 4:56 gears, Moser 31 spline axles, C-Locker. I think thats about it.

The front is about to have HAL/QA1 tubular a-arms and k-member installed. The car has been a 1.560 60' the way it sits. I am just gonna hang on:-D

Nathan Green

Users who are viewing this thread