Need help blown engine

Ricks2003Cobra

Established Member
:shrug: Sadly, I blew the engine on my 01 Cobra at a SVTOA event in Sebring yesterday. I was running at 6000 down the backstrech when it let go. My guess is a rod through the oil pan. With a limited budget, what might be done or is preferred from the following:
1. If only bottom end is hurt, rebuid and can I make it have more than 305 rwhp?
2. By a remanufactured block and replace whats broken and return it to stock form
3. Purchase an 03 remanufactured block and and put my extra Eaton on it. :??:

Last edited:

Ricks2003Cobra

Established Member
Yep, thankfully it was the 01. I was only running at 6000rpm when it let go. They will put up on the lift and pull the oil pan and we'll see whats up. I prefer to keep it N/A and just add some HP somehow. I enjoy open track but just don't do much of it. The 03 at the drags is what I do most. Aside from the obvious, I still had a great time. Gene and Jeff really put on a great event. Two days at Sebring for $300. Can't beat it.

TTA89

Established Member
Won't a Mark VIII engine bolt in there? Hell I'd go to the junkyard and buy one, slap it in and go back out there. Cheap money...

Ricks2003Cobra

Established Member
It had the stock pan. New motor will have Canton 7qt, baffled, trapped pan with windage tray. Also an oil cooler will be added. I got a great deal on a stock replacement motor. Not what I wanted but as little as I road race, it did not make sense not to go with it.

Users who are viewing this thread