Need Help choosing PC pads

trublu gen2

Established Member
Hi All,
I just bought the pc 7424 and now I need pads. I bought it from coastal tool so the 6" backing plate and weight were included in the deal. I did a search and wasn't able to find any posts that specifically answered my question. My question is...what size pads should I get? I'm a newby to detailing and don't know which size would be easiest to work with. By checking the sites that sell pads, it looks like I have a few options in respect to size, 6"-8"? Can I use any pads within this size range? Are smaller pads easier to work with than larger? Thanks in advance for any and all help.
tbg2

Scott P

Established Member
The size of the pad will depend a lot on your backing plate. You have the 6" plate, so you'll be looking at pads of 6.5" or greater. The Lake Country Curved Edge Variable Contact pads are what I like to use. The pad sits in the pad leaving no exposed edges.

Edge Pads are nice too. I like thier foam, but am a bit leery of their quick connect adapter. Thier velcro backed pads would be the way to go there.

DSGMach

Mach-oholic
Established Member
Don't get the Edge Pads with the adapter. The adapter puts the weight of the pad further away from the PC, which makes for a lot of vibration. After 30 minutes of polishing my arm felt like it was going to fall off. The pads themselves are great, but I just can't take the vibration.

Users who are viewing this thread