need help deciding on wheels

chao5.0

Established Member
for a few weeks now i've been looking at different wheels and i've narrowed it down to a 3 but that could change if i find more styles that i like. the first 2 are know on this board with either the True Forged Mach 5 with the centers powder coated texture gunmetal. if i decide on the TF wheels i'll have to wait a little longer until i can order them, maybe a month or so depending on what new things come up. the other known wheel is the Forgestar CF10 in either gunmetal or brushed titanium and those wheels will be a 19x9 front and a 19x12 rear. the last wheel is a bit different and really nostalgic and its design goes back to the 60's era trans am racing. its made by Team 3 wheels called the LTIII:

et_cast_lt3_zpsb0e6cc05.jpg

these are available in 18x9.5 and 18x10 or 18x12 but tires would be a pain to find for a 18x12 if i can find any at all. i tried photoshopping them onto a picture of a GB 5.0 but it didn't come out great and didn't help with any decisions. right now i'm leaning more and more towards the CF10's because i can get the sizes i want and i'll be able to order them this month. so what does everyone think about the Team 3 wheels? those to me are the big unknown because the other 2 i know will look awesome but i also like being different as long as its tasteful.

Last edited:

chao5.0

Established Member
i've look at the D-force wheels as well as the Enkei and i was able to narrow it down to these 3. if i decide to get track dedicated wheels then i'll probably get the D-force because they are super light and fairly cheap.

'14 Shelby

Established Member
how are you fitting a 12" out back? is it the 19" rim that allows for that? Most I've heard anyone was able squeeze in was 20x11.5

wikdlx

The Bone
Established Member
the LTIII is unique and has an awesome vintage look. I would like to see these on a lowered Boss

chao5.0

Established Member
how are you fitting a 12" out back? is it the 19" rim that allows for that? Most I've heard anyone was able squeeze in was 20x11.5

offset and a little tweaking of the bump stop mount and it'll fit, pm'd with a member on here that has 20x12 on the rear and he gave me the info i needed.

modernbeat

Jason at Vorshlag
Established Member
Jason: wheels, offsets and tire sizes please.

Forgestar F14 in 18x11 front and 18x12 rear. Offsets are a trade secret (sorry). Tires are usually 315/30-18 Hoosiers and sometimes 315/35-18 Kumhos. This setup is NOT for the casual competitor. You have to run the Whiteline rear swaybar to have enough inboard tire clearance and jacking the car up is a two step process to work the wheel around the sheetmetal bumpstop mount that protrudes into the rear wheelwell.

We've outfitted a few cars with this setup, but the owners have to understand the difficulties of fitting this size of wheel and the limited availability of the tires to fit them.

For general street use we pioneered the 18x10et43 square setup. Lots of tire sizes will fit it and it clears everything (sometimes a 5mm spacer is needed up front when used with a 295 tire).

jpg_DSC5862%20copy-M.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread