Need help finding 1/4 mile, 0-60 mph reader

whitevenum

Auto 1000whp= Insanity
Established Member
Do any of you guys know of or have ever purchased an accurate mph, 0-60 time, 1/4 mile reader? Im going to get serious in dialing in my cobra on the street this summer and need this piece of equipment to know exactly what numbers im getting. I believe this thing should mount to the windshield. Any info from you guys would be greatly appreciated! :beer:

jason6488

Established Member
You can get the 1/4 mile time knocked out at..... yup the track. What's so important about the 0-60? Magazines quote it as a metric of power to weight. You can weigh and dyno your car to get the same thing. In fact you could probably do all 3 for the price of an accelerometer device more accurate than a cell phone. Otherwise your looking at vbox. I don't know anything about vbox but I bet its expensive...

TheCPE

Skeptic
Established Member
I have a racelogic performance box. It works great, easy to use and very reliable. Comes with the software you need to do all the data analysis you can imagine.

Performance Box - Lap Timer, Speedometer, Accelerometer

Hardest thing is finding a dealer in the US to purchase. I bought mine from switzer performance for around $500-$600.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I think there is a V-box still for sale in the market section. Might have to go back a few pages to find it.

Edit-It was a g-tech pro and just sold.

Last edited:
have a gtech meter NIB i bought two used one and the other has been sitting around works great no wiring plugs into your lighter check them out and pm me there the gtech pro meter

whitevenum

Auto 1000whp= Insanity
Established Member
You can get the 1/4 mile time knocked out at..... yup the track. What's so important about the 0-60? Magazines quote it as a metric of power to weight. You can weigh and dyno your car to get the same thing. In fact you could probably do all 3 for the price of an accelerometer device more accurate than a cell phone. Otherwise your looking at vbox. I don't know anything about vbox but I bet its expensive...

I care nothing for the track because i do all my racing on the street. 1/4 mile times are very different for the track and the street. Thats why im looking for this reader

whitevenum

Auto 1000whp= Insanity
Established Member

whitevenum

Auto 1000whp= Insanity
Established Member
I think there is a V-box still for sale in the market section. Might have to go back a few pages to find it.

Edit-It was a g-tech pro and just sold.
Thanks a lot for looking into it. Ive heard about the Gtech piece, need to do some research on it
have a gtech meter NIB i bought two used one and the other has been sitting around works great no wiring plugs into your lighter check them out and pm me there the gtech pro meter

Good deal, ill see what you got. Thanks

devin1986

Boosted Grandma-Mobile
Established Member
gtech is decent. Mine has been accurate in the past with hp, tq, 1/4 and trap. :0 I was impressed by the guessing torque. I haven't tried it boosted though. My car is closer to 250whp now, so I don't know the accuracy with more spin.

12048251723_ea197f7558_b.jpg

Last edited:

devin1986

Boosted Grandma-Mobile
Established Member
Yup. I've used gtech and all the phone apps too. Some of the phone apps are pretty good, but gtech is the best if the price is right for you.

Users who are viewing this thread