Need Help for hid kit for cobra fog lights

Cruzer

11 Second 2V
Established Member
Hey guys ordered this kit from hidguy.net said it was for a 03-04 cobra fog lights. I went to put the kit in and when i went to put the light in there was a little problem heres a pic from stock fog lamps vs HID bulb?
IMAG0285.jpg

There is no way for that bulb to snap into place. Anyone else ever had this problem?

jonv0305

Established Member
i had that same problem on my mach. luckily i was able to go back to the local shop that distributes the kits, they just swapped it out for the right one that matched with the groove pattern on the stock bulb. other than swapping the kit out and maybe calling the website, i cant really recommend any other alternatives. good luck and post pics when you get everything in

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
You have to cut the base up and stick the HID bulb through... I've never seen an HID bulb that looks like the stock fog bulb... It takes some modding to get it to work

Cruzer

11 Second 2V
Established Member
i had that same problem on my mach. luckily i was able to go back to the local shop that distributes the kits, they just swapped it out for the right one that matched with the groove pattern on the stock bulb. other than swapping the kit out and maybe calling the website, i cant really recommend any other alternatives. good luck and post pics when you get everything in

I wish it were that easy for me. One would think all cobra lights are the same. I left a message yesterday and called them about 3 times but no answer, I also ordered the kit for my headlights and I get them in the mail and one of the bulbs was broken so they are mailing me another. It's just a little annoying I have to deal with this.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
Yup, I had to mod mine to get it to work.......ended up using small amount of duct tape to make sure they stay snug

2.5 years here and haven't had any issues yet

Cruzer

11 Second 2V
Established Member
I don't remember having to cut anything when I put the HID bulbs in my housings. Are you sure you got the H10/9145 bulbs?

I'm pretty sure I got the right one, when I placed the order it was the only one that said 03-04 cobra. And it says H10 on the box, it doesn't say 9145. Did you order off the same web site?

RustyRodder

Fauxbra powered
Established Member
You have to cut the base up and stick the HID bulb through... I've never seen an HID bulb that looks like the stock fog bulb... It takes some modding to get it to work

Thats not true...

I have HID fogs and headlights(single beam). Both fit right in without any modifications, and cost me 130 total for both pairs.

Cruzer

11 Second 2V
Established Member
Okay I talked to the guy and he said they are the wrong bulbs, for some reason these bulbs got put in the wrong box. The right bulbs (9145) will be coming in the mail. What a relief! The kit is very nice everything comes plug and play. That's why I wanted this kit. Thanks for the help guys I will post up the completed pics when I get it all done.

pkarol1

Established Member
i believe mine looked like this too (also got my kit from hid guy). i had some hard time putting them in and it took some force, but they do fit

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Thats not true...

I have HID fogs and headlights(single beam). Both fit right in without any modifications, and cost me 130 total for both pairs.

headlights aren't the issue

I dont know how the fog light bulb base is on the V6's and GT's but I know on most of the round fog lights that ford makes it has the base that the OP posted

This is what I was referring to

[ame=http://mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=23566]H1 HID Installed (DUW) - MercuryMarauder.net Forums[/ame]

Maybe its only the H1 cars that have this issue

Can H1's and H10's interchange?

blumnday99

Established Member

SVTContique

I hate all you guys who have HID's in stock housings, both Fog and headlights...

Thanks for blinding everyone on the road assholes!

RustyRodder

Fauxbra powered
Established Member
headlights aren't the issue

I dont know how the fog light bulb base is on the V6's and GT's but I know on most of the round fog lights that ford makes it has the base that the OP posted

This is what I was referring to

H1 HID Installed (DUW) - MercuryMarauder.net Forums

Maybe its only the H1 cars that have this issue

Can H1's and H10's interchange?

i have an 03 front bumper:)

and AFAIK, the H1 and H10's are different

Users who are viewing this thread