Need Help (Fuel Leak)

RyanAx

The Ax
Established Member
Hey Guys,

Recently I have started having a problem with my 2005 Saleen Supercharged Mustang GT. Under moderate to heavy acceleration, i get a smell of raw fuel vapour coming into the car. This only happens when the windows are rolled down, so I dont think it is the fuel pump; I also check the fuel pump for any leaks and I couldn't find or smell anything. I have also checked all the injectors, and the fuel rails and I couldn't find any signs of vapour. Is it possible that I just need to replace the fuel filter considering that it is right below the driver side seat or is it something more serious?

I also noticed that there is a very minor oil leak on the back of the head gasket on the driver side, has anyone else had this problem? If so, what are the possible reasons for it and how can I fix it?

Thanks for any help,

03shadowgreygt

Established Member
We had a car come in our shop a couple weeks ago with a saleen supercharger, one of the rear injectors was leaking fuel from the o ring. just barely seeping. You sure its oil and not fuel at the back of the head. This car wouldn't leak a drop, just had a fuel smell

THAITED

Established Member
We had a car come in our shop a couple weeks ago with a saleen supercharger, one of the rear injectors was leaking fuel from the o ring. just barely seeping. You sure its oil and not fuel at the back of the head. This car wouldn't leak a drop, just had a fuel smell

I was going to say injector o ring too.

Users who are viewing this thread