Need help guys...

DA75

Established Member
Long story short...
Got my 03 used from a dlrship in Minneapolis (Im in Illinois). Had like 19xxx miles. The car was a dealer reacquisition/lemon because the guy before had lots of problems and got them to buy it back. One of the things was that it had the tranny replaced.

Between then and now, I had to have the clutch replaced under warranty. TOB. No biggie.

The car now has 46,xxx miles, is out of both regular warranty and the buyback warranty. It has developed a clutch problem which i think is the Clutch Adapter Cover Plate/ Broken Release Bearing Guide Tube problem ( http://www.modernmustangs-tb.org/forums/printthread.php?t=1511 )

Im thinking this is going to be a expensive repair. The part alone is $350.
My question to you guys is that given that:
1. I had prior clutch problems under warranty.
2. The car was a 'lemon' and had a replaced tranny, and I was verbally assured I would be taken care of.

Do I have a good enough argument to have a dealership fix this for free? Even tho I dont have a warranty? Possibly under some AWA (After Warranty Assistance) program??

Im getting ready to take it in for an initial estimate to make sure this is the problem, but I want to have my ducks all in a row first and see where you guys think I stand logically.

Thanks. :shrug:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm not being a smart guy, but I think it was a mistake buying the car in the first place. The last thing most people would ever do is by a car known to have been a lemon. Best of luck!

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
I would think that your case is weak buying a known lemon car. BUT! You may get an offer of a spit deal. They buy parts...you pay for labor for example. Why don't you do it yourself? It's not hard...just nut and bolt work. If you have the means to work on the car on a lift or jack stands, just drop the tranny and replace the parts. But if you aren't mechanically experienced, this may be better left to someone who is.

dougwg

Established Member
I got a guide tube, brand new... I'll sell it to ya for $35 plus shipping

Hope this helps

Doug
BilletFlow

Users who are viewing this thread