Need Help, I think i have a major problem!!

Justin Blake

Kenne Bell Powered
Established Member
I got home from work this evening and installed my new boost gauge. I deceided to take the car out and see exactly how much boost it was making, so I take my buddy with me and we hit the highway right next to my house and do 2 hard 1-4 pulls and then we head back home. I turn onto my street and hit real hard 1 time and the car stalled BAD and then took off again, so I coasted up to the stop sign and the car died. I didn't know wheather I broke something internally or exactly what happened but the car wouldn't start, so we push the car home and let it set for 10 minutes or so and try to start it and it fires right up like nothing is wrong so at this point I don't know what to think. So i jump back into the car and head to wendy's and i have my predator plugged in and I am monitoring FP and some other things and everything looks ok, so I just barely get into it again and the car dies AGAIN and won't start this time at all. So I call one of my buddy's to come jump me and the car is so dead that it won't even take a jump. For some reason the battery light never came on or anything. I am still using the stock lower also so I don't know wheather the alternator died or if it was just the battery from my car sitting sooooooo long. When I finally got the car put back together from the kb install and stuff the battery light was red but went back to green and has stayed green. Does anyone have any suggestions? Please let me know, im stumped on this one.

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
There is something seriously wrong here....even if you're battery was about toast, the thing should run off the alternator. Did you monitor voltage with the Predator? The stalling makes sense if there isn't enough voltage to fire the ignition under load. It takes quite a bit of power to fire a loaded mixture. I would suspect that if you have the proper electrical system diagnostic tools, this would be easy to find. If you don't, take it to a reputable shop and have them look at it. Sounds like you have a helluva draw or bad component. Remember, most electrical gremlins are caused by bad grounds and/or connections.

fiveoguy

Established Member
This is a long shot, but worth a look. Does your theft light flash when you try to start your car? I had a similar problem and it turned out to be a connector between the battery and the drivers side strut tower had come just barly unconnected. I believe it was a green connector. I've heard of a couple of other people with the same problem. Apparently this connector supplies power to some part of the theft system. Looks like a crappy connector that easily comes undone.

Another thing that seems to be common is the Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor. If you don't how to check it, do a search on here, lots of info.

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

fiveoguy said:
Another thing that seems to be common is the Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor. If you don't how to check it, do a search on here, lots of info.

that is what I was going to mention, hopefully not, but worth a check if something else doesn't come up

Users who are viewing this thread