need help identifying upper pulley...

ImportsSuk

DelValMuscleCars
Established Member
can you guys throw some knowledge my way and see if you can identify the pulley that is on my car? i have absolutely no freaking clue who the manufacturer is or size. i measured the OD of the hub and it was almost perfectly 3 inches. the only identifying mark on it iis a stamped "4". i guesstimated it's a 2.93, but i can't find my damn digital calipers to make an accurate measurement. the car is at my tuner right now and he said it peaks at 10.2#'s of boost. which would lead me to think it is, in fact, a 3in pulley.

Engine005.jpg

any ideas guys? thanks in advance.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Well, if the OD of the hub is 3", then it's most likely a 2.93" pulley, maybe even from a Ford Lightning. you should be getting 12-13 lbs of boost with this size though.

ImportsSuk

DelValMuscleCars
Established Member
Well, if the OD of the hub is 3", then it's most likely a 2.93" pulley, maybe even from a Ford Lightning. you should be getting 12-13 lbs of boost with this size though.

which is exactly what i thought it was, but i couldn't (and still can't, damnit) find my dig calipers to measure it. it talked to the tuner yesterday, and apparently the previous owner tried switching the vac lines on the boost bypass solenoid/valve trick. once he put the lines back he said the boost went up to 12.4 #'s.

Users who are viewing this thread