Need Help in deciding.

SVTMUST97

Established Member
Thinking about doing some work on my 97 cobra. Right now all it has are some bolt-ons. What can I add to keep the car N/A. The car has about 56k on it. I would like to superchager it, But money little tight for that. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Cobra Was Here

I Miss My Cobra
Established Member
have your heads ported and polished, your intake ported and polished, and do an IMRC delete. By the way, was your car dyno'd on a mustang dyno or a dynojet?

SVTMUST97

Established Member
Here are the mods I have now. Pulleys w/timing adj. Accel coil, packs. 62m tb. 80mm pro-m. BBk lt, x-pipe w/cats, Bassani mufflers. 373 gears, alum drive shaft. King cobra clutch. And some suspension done.

SVTMUST97

Established Member
Cobra Was Here said:
have your heads ported and polished, your intake ported and polished, and do an IMRC delete. By the way, was your car dyno'd on a mustang dyno or a dynojet?

It was done at New England dyno. mustang dyno.

Cobra Was Here

I Miss My Cobra
Established Member
Awesome man i'm hoping to break 300 rwhp with my mods. All of my mods are in my sig as well as dynomax ultra flow ss mufflers instead of the flow 40s, and i'm going to do a few maintenance things such as spark plugs, seafoam, and fuel filter before i put it on the dyno just to make sure i'm getting as much power as possible.

SVTMUST97

Established Member
how's the SCT Xcaliber? You should make more since you have the chip. A friend of mine is pushing 320 with a chip, mass air with only 10k on the motor.

Cobra Was Here

I Miss My Cobra
Established Member
the xcal2 is super easy to use. My tune however is just a mailorder tune for my mods (no dyno) from americanmuscle.com. If i made 320 I will crap my pants. I was just hoping for 300 but 320 sounds amazing. Does your friend have anything more than the chip and mass air? Was he on the mustang dyno also?

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
I'd get a JLT and a dyno tune. And swap the 3.73s for 4.30s :thumbsup: and get a 31 spline rear end, oh and subframe connectors.

SVTMUST97

Established Member
Cobra Was Here said:
the xcal2 is super easy to use. My tune however is just a mailorder tune for my mods (no dyno) from americanmuscle.com. If i made 320 I will crap my pants. I was just hoping for 300 but 320 sounds amazing. Does your friend have anything more than the chip and mass air? Was he on the mustang dyno also?

I'm made a mistake he dyno at 303hp 298tq not 320. All he has is bbk catless X, magnaman packs and Sct tune at XX Tuning. I would like to know what gain can I get from Sct chip.

Cobra Was Here

I Miss My Cobra
Established Member
I'm really hoping for 310+ on the dyno. I just put straight-through race mufflers on and am about to do spark plugs, seafoam, and fuel filter before i dyno.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
303rwhp without long tubes? I find that hard to beleive...especially when Mustang dynos read much lower than dynojets.

NVENEM8U

Bust'n ass since 1996
Established Member
na svt said:
303rwhp without long tubes? I find that hard to beleive...especially when Mustang dynos read much lower than dynojets.
+1:D

Users who are viewing this thread