Need Help Installing Mac o/r Prochamber

WhiningCobra

Banned
hey fellas, i picked up a o/r prochamber from a fellow member and i was thinking about doing it myself. i was told i need a breaker bar and swivel tool... what size? or they all the same?? do i need any other tools for this install? thanks guys

SteelersVenom06

Fade to Black
Established Member
Hardest part of the install in my opinion was getting to the bolts at the exhaust manifold. Make sure you have a bunch of extensions (3, 6, 12") and a swivel. As for swivels, whatever size your socket set is would be the swivel you want. A can of PB blaster is a must too....I didn't want to use a breaker bar for fear of snapping one of the bolts at the exhaust manifold.

It's really not a hard install, just be patient and it'll go fine. Make sure you have a gasket for the passenger side exhaust manifold flange as well. I bought an OEM one from Ford because the MAC one looked like junk.

Other comments would be make sure you disconnect the battery because you work near the starter and after you finish the install and tighten it down, start the car, heat up the exhaust, then retighten all the bolts.

Good luck.

WhiningCobra

Banned
wow, i just need the tools it sounds like.. and yes i ordered a new gasket from cj pony parts. I'll start searching for the tools and get it started as soon as the weather clears up! thanks a bunch man.

Users who are viewing this thread