need help making a decision

tonydahose

Established Member
im going to get the gears(4.30's) put in next week...question i have is whether or not to go with a chip or a flasher....chip is 300 and flasher is 400...dyno tune is gonna be 300 no matter what...the question is do i need a flasher...pros it lets you put the stock program on if you need to(warranty is over) ....it lets you read codes(but i am not that mechanically inclined to do much with them unless it is a simple fix) ...you can have a variety of programs on it but i plan on staying n/a so i think the one program would do...what do you guys think?

kaos

Established Member
I'd still get the predator if that's what you are talking about. You only have 4 buttons to press on the thing. You can always get codes and have somebody on here or somewhere tell you what they are. You also have a datalogger you can play with. You can once you feel comfortable play with it a little at a time. Make one small change and see what happens and put it back if you like. You can have multiple tunes if you would like at a later time.

If you do get the predator just make sure the place that is going to dyno tune can work with a predator. With a chip it's on there no matter what. With this you can go back to stock for the hell of it. You can also turn on and off TC, adjust for tires if you switch, and gears if switch again.

Don't quote me on anything, it's just my understanding of the situation. I have my predator, but I haven't put on the tune yet because I want a baseline of my car first and data log some wot runs. I'm also checking my mpg and see if the tune does infact give you better gas mileage. It's the wannabe scientist in me.

Users who are viewing this thread