NEED HELP!!!-Old car value ?'s

SVT8U

Established Member
I need to get a value on a couple old vehicles to put em up for sale.

one is a mid-late 70's ford truck..... from what im told it is pretty rare since its a shortbed 4wd and the restoration demand is high. Body is VERY solid so is the frame.

The other is a 68 (ithink)fastback mustang.... very solid body and floor pans.

Both need a complete resto but i know that they are worth something.

Here are some pics
stang
ticket122.jpg

ticket121.jpg

ticket120.jpg

truck

ticket131.jpg

ticket117.jpg

ticket090.jpg

SVT8U

Established Member
mblgjr said:
I would think the Mustang would be worth a bit especially if was an original GT Fastback.

lol I agree.... but i need to know how much a 'bit' is.

It is all orginal

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
I'd pick up a Hemmings from one of your local book stores.

Its a large, paper back book with a tan/brown cover. Basically full of classifieds for collectors.

Start researching the VIN as well, I'm sure build numbers would help in the future.

Zorabot

Al Bundy
Established Member
Some good old FORDS and even a nice CHEV there.

Is that a 390 GT BULLITT STANG ?
I would also watch ebay as that is real close to the going rate.
I know nothing about the condition of the cars but will say they if they are complete and need to be trailered away Stang 7-10k, Ford Truck 2-3k and Chev Truck 2-3k tho you said you arent selling the CHEV.

SVT8U

Established Member
ive been looking at the classifieds, but was just looking for some opinions from some fellow ford nuts. Any other suggestions/ideas are geratly appreciated

its just a regular GT mustang.... nothing special to the best of my knowledge

ElGato

There is no cure
Established Member
The mustang is a 67. If its all original, offer 7k for the quick sale. It looks straight, and its harder to find an umolested 67 (read Eleanor) fastback.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
That truck is a 79, and yeah it's probably worth something. From what I understand those are pretty sought after by the offroading types. Check the forums over there for 79' ford trucks and see what people are sellin them for.

Dusten

Established Member
NADA.com also does classic car values. That truck isnt that rare. I would say if it runs, in that shape 2-3K out of.

SVT8U

Established Member
ElGato said:
The mustang is a 67. If its all original, offer 7k for the quick sale. It looks straight, and its harder to find an umolested 67 (read Eleanor) fastback.

its not a shelby.... just a GT. If youve got 7k id sell it for quick sale. PM me and well discuss it:beer:

SVT8U

Established Member
FISHTAIL said:
That truck is a 79, and yeah it's probably worth something. From what I understand those are pretty sought after by the offroading types. Check the forums over there for 79' ford trucks and see what people are sellin them for.

over where? Links?

Dusten

Established Member
They are and arent sought after. you could try a few sites, pirate4x4.com fullsizebronco.com and the such. The drivetrain is nice, but most guys dont wnat one in great shape.
If its a 79, someone swapped that 390 into it, as they only came with 351M's and 400M's. The drivetrain is A Dana 44 front and 9" rear. Most likely an NP205 T-case, and if its an Auto its a C6, if its a stick, most likely an NP-435.

67 Badboy

Established Member
The 67 fastback isn't a GT. The GT came with the little square 'GT' emblem, not the 'horsey' emblem on the fender (unless they are different fenders from another mustang).

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it probably has a 289 in it. The slotted wheels (from 68-69) pictured on the car are 5 lug wheels. 6 cylinder stangs came with 4 lug wheels.

The gas cap was probably purchased at the local Mustang shop.

The cancer started! That will bring the price down quick. The best part is that just about any part, sheetmetal or otherwise, can be obtained easily now.

Dynacorn will be making a fastback kit in the near future. I can't wait!

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Dusten said:
They are and arent sought after. you could try a few sites, pirate4x4.com fullsizebronco.com and the such. The drivetrain is nice, but most guys dont wnat one in great shape.
If its a 79, someone swapped that 390 into it, as they only came with 351M's and 400M's. The drivetrain is A Dana 44 front and 9" rear. Most likely an NP205 T-case, and if its an Auto its a C6, if its a stick, most likely an NP-435.

I just saw that...I suppose it could be an 80, but I don't think they kept that grill very long. I know 78 had the round headlights, 79 they went square, and they might have kept that facia for 1980...I don't remeber.

I had one, but mine was a 400ci, so maybe that is a little newer.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread