Need help on some superb gripping tires!!!

onicrom

online predator
Established Member
I tried searching and cant get it to do anything except "Cant find this page"

Anyway, I dont have a terminator but I have the same power as alot of them, i run 11's, anyway, my question is, what tires would you recommend for amazing dry traction, I never drive in the rain so i dont care about wet traction, I want something that will last(tread) but have awesome, superb grip on the street, streetlight to streetlight. I put about 200-300 miles a month on my car. What do you recommend, I hear nittos are kind crappy unless you heat them up alot, so, i dont want those. and like i said i want streetlight to streetlight, the best dry traction. good treadwear. and remember 200-300 miles a month is what i put on the car. ok ive repeated myself enough, sorry. :-D

P.s right now i have bfg kdw2s and spin through gears like crazy, even feathering the clutch, and that sucks ass.

Last edited:

TheFleshRocket

Likes to drive sideways.
Established Member
I have a set of BFG KDs on my Cobra and they are very sticky, at least when warmed up. In colder temps (think 40s and below) they spin easily but when warmer (50s on up), they stick quite nicely.

I was thinking about switching to KDW2s as the rears are something like $70-$80 less per tire, because I'd hoped dry traction would be similar with the benefit of better mileage and rain grip, but if you're spinning with them then the money saved wouldn't be worth it.

So, looks like I'm sticking with the KDs.

onicrom

online predator
Established Member
I dont know man... kdws just spin sooooooo bad, no matter what temp it is. i can be going about 20-30mph, stomp the gas and still just spin like an asshole. so... i need something aside from bfg kd-kdw series.

ACESCOBRA

Bring it on!
Established Member
The only one that gives me some fair traction are the BFGs G-Force T/A Drag radial... but those are expensive as hell and wont last long tho...

04torchred

Established Member
ShelbyGuy said:
no such thing as a long-wearing street tire that is sticky when cold.

+1. Nittos will be your best bet and better gripping then street tires. if you drive around enough you should put enough heat in them for them to grip pretty good. I would try those and see what you think.

If you don't care about tire life get some M/T or Hoosiers in a 17, they will hook.

onicrom

online predator
Established Member
04torchred said:
+1. Nittos will be your best bet and better gripping then street tires. if you drive around enough you should put enough heat in them for them to grip pretty good. I would try those and see what you think.

If you don't care about tire life get some M/T or Hoosiers in a 17, they will hook.
Ive decided to go 305-35-18 Nitto dr's :coolman:

Users who are viewing this thread