Need Help Picking Between Kenne Bell And Whipple....someone Help Soon

VENOM 03

Established Member
Gonna get either a 2.4L kenne bell or whipple next week and Im undecided someone help, before my fiance finds out about it and says no

Sonic03inSC

Established Member
Whipple
230273_61_full.jpg

230273_62_full.jpg

GodStang

Established Member
Fdawg97lx said:
just curious where are you gonna mount that dog? i've been thinking about getting one for my car too.

Frank

Same thing I was thinking!! How much HP does it add? What ever one you get the best price on.

mjzilinski

Kenne Bell
Established Member
lol, I just busted out laughing when I saw the dog. Nice bunch of mods you have there Sonic03.

As far as this thread goes, either ones good in my book. You can get whipples cheaper new from that guy on here that sells stuff 10% over cost. Kennebells its tough to find a good deal on one unless its used.

VENOM 03

Established Member
But performance wise which is better I wanna hear the supercharger whine and I hear that kenne bell is louder than the Whipple

GodStang

Established Member
KB is loader than Whipple but power wise they are so close. I think the new whipple edges out but not by alot. It is best to get the one that you find the cheapest.

VENOM 03

Established Member
Thks Now Im 30 Percent For The Kenne Bell And 70 Percent For The Whipple. Anyone Else Have Any Advic Eto Help Tip The Scale So I Can Jsut Order It On Friday?? Thanks For The Help So Far Fellow Cobra Lovers.

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
I have seen the new whipple make the same power @ 17lbs as a Kenne Bell does @ 18-19lbs. This could have been tune etc... but that is just some food for thought. Not to knock the Kenne Bell, I actually love the kenne bell blowers and would have gotten one in a heartbeat over the older whipple, until the new W140ax whipple came out then my mind was set on getting that.

I talked to my tuner and he went with the same setup I have and has never looked back. Here is a quote straight from him:

"After I saw the numbers the new whipple was laying down I said Kenne Bell who?"

I say whipple but it is all your choice and if you decide Kenne Bell you won't be disappointed. Also The kenne bell is louder, but the new whipple whines like a SOB as well. Also take off the hood insulator, not only does it release more heat, but the whine of the twin screw is more apparent to you and others.

Good luck with your decision.

Last edited:

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Sonic03inSC said:
My wife bought all of that for me, so tell your fiancé to step-up to the plate.

sweet! :rockon:

as far as the thread, i will prolly lean toward kenne-bell when i'm ready

Users who are viewing this thread