Need help please...grenaded pulley!!!

deauxt

Established Member
Guys, I really need your help. I was driving back to Houston today and my tensioner pulley bearing seized up and completely destroyed the pulley, tensioner, and ripped a few ribs off the belt. My Dad drove over and brought a new tensioner and belt that he bought from Autozone to replace them with. We pulled the blower and everything off right there and replaced everything and now I can't get the new belt on at all. It's WAY short...as in not even half way up the alternator pulley with the tensioner pulled all the way down.

So we resorted to putting the "wounded" Gates belt back on just to get it home. But now the old belt, which was on just fine this morning, is extremely short too. My only thought is that the new tensioner isn't the same size as the stocker, and now none of the belts fit. (We even went and bought a new Gates belt that's identical to the one that comes with the Procharger kit and it's ridiculously short too) Something is wrong here, because these belts are more than just a little tight from being new, they're off by a few inches now! Should I just get a longer belt and keep the tensioner or go with a Ford tensioner?

Thanks,
Michael

Users who are viewing this thread