Need help please, still problems: clunk, vibrations

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
How healthy does the front suspension look? If you bent a wheel, I'd imagine you hit a large rut or pot hole. Depending on mileag and the age of parts, you may have loosed, damaged or broken a sway bar end link, or more likely a tie rod end link or ball joint.

I had a bent wheel that made the car wobble at high speed. When I switched to an mm front suspension it got much better even though I knew it was the wheel. I looked at my suspension parts that came off and the side with the bent wheel were far more work than the passenger side.

I recently replaced my wheels and now it's vibrations/bounce free but I do have drivetrain clunk/slack to deal with from an unrelated issue.

badmpg03

Established Member
How healthy does the front suspension look? If you bent a wheel, I'd imagine you hit a large rut or pot hole. Depending on mileag and the age of parts, you may have loosed, damaged or broken a sway bar end link, or more likely a tie rod end link or ball joint.

I had a bent wheel that made the car wobble at high speed. When I switched to an mm front suspension it got much better even though I knew it was the wheel. I looked at my suspension parts that came off and the side with the bent wheel were far more work than the passenger side.

I recently replaced my wheels and now it's vibrations/bounce free but I do have drivetrain clunk/slack to deal with from an unrelated issue.

Good tip my friend. I was thinking the same that if there was enough force to bend a wheel, there may be further related damage. We are going to start looking through everything again and try and get it squared away.

Users who are viewing this thread