Need help quick!!!! Major hesitation/bucking.

deauxt

Established Member
Hey my car just started having this huge hesitation and bucking when I press the gas. At idle, it runs just like normal, but as soon as I press the gas, it starts choking on itself. I barely got to work today by keeping the rpms high enough so it didn't buck like crazy. I need help fast guys. Thanks.

Sellinger

Established Member
detonation maybe? could be a plug..or a maf problem..what have you ckecked so far. any info would help. what else is it doing? depending on what its doing i wouldn't drive it until i figured it out.

deauxt

Established Member
I just changed the plugs a few days ago, so I know that's not it. I was thinking plug wires since I still have the stockers on at 71K miles. What kind do y'all recommend?

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
If you just changed wires and the problem you describe just now started happening...99% sure its the wires. You may have ruptured a connection inside the wire at the boot and not even realized it. Sometimes the old wires can get brittle inside.

Good luck.

deauxt

Established Member
monkeyspunk79 said:
If you just changed wires and the problem you describe just now started happening...99% sure its the wires. You may have ruptured a connection inside the wire at the boot and not even realized it. Sometimes the old wires can get brittle inside.

Good luck.
Well, I just changed the plugs, not the wires. I'm assuming that's what you meant right?

S9V7T

Established Member
hes saying that when you pulled the boots off the plugs you may have snapped the lining on the inside. Which is probably what happened.

deauxt

Established Member
S9V7T said:
hes saying that when you pulled the boots off the plugs you may have snapped the lining on the inside. Which is probably what happened.
Oh ok. So by Motorsport wires, does that mean the 9mm ford racing wires? Are these better than most others?

Last edited:

notfastenuf

vertias y aequitas
Established Member
Since we're on the topic of the MAF - what kind of wrench do I need to take that thing off? Looks like a hex with a hole in the middle - where do I get that?

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
They are called "tamper proof torx" bits and you can grab a set for a few bucks at AutoZone. They also come in handy when you want to take off the font grille emblem.

Users who are viewing this thread