Need help quick!!!! Major hesitation/bucking

deauxt

Established Member
Hey my car just started having this huge hesitation and bucking when I press the gas. At idle, it runs just like normal, but as soon as I press the gas, it starts choking on itself. I barely got to work today by keeping the rpms high enough so it didn't buck like crazy. I need help fast guys. Thanks.

01trublue cobra

Established Member
Is your bypass valve workinging. What kind of blower do you have. We need more info on your mods and type of bypass valve. Could be fuel related.

torquemonster

Established Member
is your air flow sensor hooked up? one time i drove off without plugging it back in and my car hesitated a lot...im not sure if its the same thing your describing but you could check, good luck

deauxt

Established Member
Thanks for the ideas guys. First off I have a P-1SC procharger with the stock bypass valve.

deauxt

Established Member
quadcammer said:
fuel pump most likely
Could this cause the car to buck pretty hard? Under about 2500rpm in first it feels like I'm completely getting off the gas and right back on causing the car to lurch back and forth violently.

deauxt

Established Member
and I'm pretty sure the MAF is plugged in since I have not unplugged it for any reason, but I'll check.

cyac5l8trfcar

Cubs>Sox
Established Member
sounds like a fuel related problem. check your pressure, and does it miss when not under load? if so, then I'd say spark plugs.

deauxt

Established Member
cyac5l8trfcar said:
sounds like a fuel related problem. check your pressure, and does it miss when not under load? if so, then I'd say spark plugs.
See that's the thing....it runs perfectly at idle with no load. But as soon as I press the gas, it starts to surge and buck. I have a fuel pressure gauge, and recently at random times while driving it start reads a bit higher than normal. Also, the pressure stays at a steady level no matter the amount of throttle applied while it's doing this. Could it be one of my pumps? I have the stock pump in the tank, and the in-line one that came with the procharger.

Users who are viewing this thread