Need help quick!!!! Major hesitation/bucking

deauxt

Established Member
Hey my car just started having this huge hesitation and bucking when I press the gas. At idle, it runs just like normal, but as soon as I press the gas, it starts choking on itself. I barely got to work today by keeping the rpms high enough so it didn't buck like crazy. I need help fast guys. Thanks.

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Sounds like either the injectors slopes are way off in the tune or it could be the FRPS as well... Same simptoms I had when my FRPS blew....

hydroshutter

don't worry about it
Established Member
sambandit said:
Sounds like either the injectors slopes are way off in the tune or it could be the FRPS as well... Same simptoms I had when my FRPS blew....

+1

I've replaced mine twice.

deauxt

Established Member
Steel Horse said:
Mine did that when my alternator was going out. ???
Are you serious? I thought it was on it's way out not too long ago, but I got it checked at O'Reilly's and they said it was fine. The alternator is making a chirping noise...when the belt is off and I spin the pulley by hand, I can hear it squeeking, so I don't know if that means it's going bad.

deauxt

Established Member
sambandit said:
Where would I look for the sensor? And how can I check to see if that's it?

AllVenom

Established Member
Oh it definitely sounds like the FRPS. If you have a predator, check your FRP, if it's stuck at 77 and you have tripped a trouble code, this is your culprit. Not all blown FRPS prevent the car from running at all. Scott hit this one on the head. You will need to get the $5 KB disc and a new FRPS from fordsvtfan on this site. It will cost you something like 45 shipped.

Users who are viewing this thread