Need Help Quick!

BLackBoLT01

Established Member
5 hours have past, yes FIVE hours Started working on the car installing the JLT CAI at 5pm.
I've pretty much written off even going out tonight. Not bashing, I'm sure other have had great success, but this thing f@^#ing sucks!!! Either my motor sits closer to the passenger side than others, or the kit is too long. Not only did the tiny vaccum line piece break off (don't even care about that right now, but MAF plug will not reach at all. I've tried angle after angle, rotating, fliping, spining, screwing. I've damn near scratched the paint off the whole thing (don't care about this either right now) I' just want the thing to work. And the only reason why the filter isn't sitting UNDER the front bumper, is because I didn't use the rubber boot that goes between the PVC pipe and the maf. i just shoved the MAF into the pipe.

Any ideas on how to get this crap to work???:bash:

BLackBoLT01

Established Member
Okay, got it working, well, sorta. Got the MAF sensor to plug in, but it wouldn't start, un-plug it, and it starts right up, I let it warm up, took it up the street and back. The kit definately makes power, but with the sensor un-pluged, everytime I shift it cuts out real quick. almost like traction control kicking in. :??: :cryying: I'm going out with the boys to go drinking... I need a few cold ones after this. :beer: I'd appreciate any help, even though it's pretty late.

BLackBoLT01

Established Member
Alright, I wanted to bring this to the top, and see if I could get any ideas.

All around, the kit looks great. But, I'm having a hard time getting it to function right. With it installed, I get an SES light on, and the only way it'll run is with the MAF sensor un-plugged. With it plugged it, it'll start up, and then slowly stumble and shut off. Any ideas about why this is? I unplugged my battery, checked everything, and still nothing.

DougieStyle

Banned
that sucks i just bought one and i hope i dont have the sma e probs. gl on gettin it workin tho

03 Red Cobra

Established Member
Did you put that vacuum line back on and also isn't there an IAT sensor that you must reinstall along with the MAF? Sounds like its missing a sensor reading and then that causes the stall.

BLackBoLT01

Established Member
The Maf sensor, and the other sensor are both plugged in. Vaccum line is the only one that is off, but don't see where that'd cause the stalling. I'm about to pull it off right now. It needs to be painted anyways. I'll take pictures of how NOT to intall it. I love it kit, it's just too bad it's not working too well with MY cobra.

Users who are viewing this thread