Need help quick!!!!!

SSSNAKE04

Established Member
I need some help with the picking the belt for my 2.76 pulley and single 100mm idler, BF recommends 74.5", i called napa that has the gates belts but they only have the 73.5" and 76.3 or something like that...nothing in between
I need Part #'s ASAP for this set up, i tought a stock belt would work!!!!

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
I had the same set up. If you use the new billetflow snubber for your AUX pulley, you can run the stock 75.1 belt with no problems or slip.

Tom

SSSNAKE04

Established Member
Tom's_03SVT said:
I had the same set up. If you use the new billetflow snubber for your AUX pulley, you can run the stock 75.1 belt with no problems or slip.

Tom
thats what i got now, single 100mm BF idler with the new style bracket, 2.76, stock belt, i mean right now the belt is as tight as the stock one was, i was just sceptical cuz i felt other belts on other cobras and it was a bit tighter....

black venom

Lthl SVT Poster
Established Member
try autozone I got the same set up and the 74.5 works great. I believe the part# is k080745.

SSSNAKE04

Established Member
Tom's_03SVT said:
is your tensioner maxed out?
pretty much, there is lill more room but as i try to tightn it up it goes back where it wants it....i guees it maxed out, i 'll let my tuner check it out maybe he can get it tighter.. thanx for your help guys...

crizzut

Established Member
you can grind off the little stop tab on your tensioner to tighten the belt when it expends. Whipple recommends you do this, just in case you ever look into one.

SSSNAKE04

Established Member
badsube said:
rockauto.com will set you up with a gates. best price around too.
do you have the PART # on the gates, i called them up and they need the part#...otherwise they dont know what to sell me...

SSSNAKE04

Established Member
crizzut said:
check cobrabob.com in the belt selection guide then call around to any local auto store, I hope you find one
according to their chart i need 74", Billetflow chart is 74.5".... I'll go with 74.5'' im sure it wont be easy putting that one on either, i can imagine 74" would be bitch.

SSSNAKE04

Established Member
Tom's_03SVT said:
74.5 is a bitch too....

thats why I stuck with the 75.1 belt.
well my belt is slipping i think and the boost wont stay up there either, it hits about 14-15# then drops to 12.5# of boost...i dunno is it normal that i have a lill belt dust ?????

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
SSSNAKE04 said:
well my belt is slipping i think and the boost wont stay up there either, it hits about 14-15# then drops to 12.5# of boost...i dunno is it normal that i have a lill belt dust ?????

try the 74.5, you need to unbolt your idler to get it on there. slide the belt around the AUX pulley and bolt the pulley back on, its going to be really tight.

Tom

SSSNAKE04

Established Member
Tom's_03SVT said:
try the 74.5, you need to unbolt your idler to get it on there. slide the belt around the AUX pulley and bolt the pulley back on, its going to be really tight.

Tom
ok So let me get this streight, take the belt of, then just the idler pulley not the bracket, put the new belt in, work the tensioner then try putting the aux pulley back on the bracket.... Correct?????

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
SSSNAKE04 said:
ok So let me get this streight, take the belt of, then just the idler pulley not the bracket, put the new belt in, work the tensioner then try putting the aux pulley back on the bracket.... Correct?????

Yes, or you can unbolt the bracket too...

unbolting the bracket might be easier, not trying to confuse you. :rolling:

SSSNAKE04

Established Member
Tom's_03SVT said:
Yes, or you can unbolt the bracket too...

unbolting the bracket might be easier, not trying to confuse you. :rolling:
ok i'll see which way might be easier, i'll try just the aux pulley, if i cant do it, then i'll remove the bracket too...thanx for the tip

Users who are viewing this thread