Need help. Rear end shifts to the right

willstrunk_302

Okay, I have a Paxton 5.0 ordered drag radials and lca relocation brackets. After I put the brackets on you feel the rear end kick out to the right when I let off the gas or when downshifting to a stop. Also when doing wot pulls it's straight until I let off the gas then the same thing happens. Do I need an upper control arm to fix this issue?

Current suspension mods are h&r springs, koni struts, upr adjustable panhard bar, bmr LCAs & relo brackets, and a tig vision antiroll bar.

BMR Tech

It could be a few things.

1: ARB preload not correct/incorrect
2: Thrust angle issue
3: LCA Bushing issue

1: Disconnect the ARB and see if it still happens
2: If it does, check your LCA Bushings and contact us if you see something is not right (ask for Dylan) and we will send you out some new ones
3: If it is not the ARB or LCA Bushings, have your alignment checked. Looking for thrust angle to be in the range of -.25 to .25 (if it is outside of this range then that may be your issue)

Good luck!

willstrunk_302

Checked everything again, alignment/preload/bushings are all good. But I noticed my driver side rear tire sits farther forward in the wheel well than the passenger side. Guessing it's time for some adjustable LCAs? I currently have non adjustable

the_mechanic

Speed Garage Chico
Established Member
Checked everything again, alignment/preload/bushings are all good. But I noticed my driver side rear tire sits farther forward in the wheel well than the passenger side. Guessing it's time for some adjustable LCAs? I currently have non adjustable

Remove your lca's and loosen your relo brackets, take a prybar or something to pry the relo brackets toward the rear of the car and re-tighten and torque everything to spec. Had this happen to me at the drag strip, launched the car and it made a horendous pop then noticed the driver rear tire had actually hit and took the sideskirt off, the car wondered real bad and under power pulled hard. After I reset the relo bracket it centered the wheel again, also check for bushing play in the arms. A little movement at the bushing is quite a bit at the other side of the arm.

Users who are viewing this thread