Need help running lean.

hemified86

Established Member
Need help on a 03 cobra,BAP,60lb injectors,pprvdelete,upgraded fpdm. I'll start here first hopefully right forum. Hose on pprv delete had a hole in(small) but enough to lean it out. Since then changed hose(still ran lean) changed pumps and hose again thought maybe I had a kink in it. (stilll runs lean). BAP is running, well I can hear it hum!! Reflashed my tune. When I first get into it the a/f goes to 10.5 for a second then starts to lean out to about 14.5. So question is what else can I check....getting sick of dropping my tank! Any help would be awesome!!!!

fbody83

Z06 to Raped Ape
Established Member
What do your data logs show? Fuel pump duty cycle maxing out?

watman02

Established Member
what mod's????? sounds like your maf transfer function is lean and your seeing more air flow than than what the maf says is coming through.
is this a new tune?????????? have you added new mods??

hemified86

Established Member
Been running this tune for 3 years on and off.(went to a kenne bell for awhile)
Tuned by Eric brooks.Haven't changed anything to the car....a/f was a 10.5 to 11.5 at wot. Did a data log tonight and sent it to him, but as far as I can tell it looks like the old data logs when I was getting it tuned.(everything looks good) I assuming a sensor or inj. or some other hardware failed. But what that is the question? Cleaned my maf...didn't help.

hemified86

Established Member
oh what mods...well all those that are stated above. Also a mafia to add to that. ported eaton stage 5. A 4#lower 2.73 upper, ported heads,and a bunch of other shit.. Gonna pull some plugs tomorrow and see what the look like.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
how old is your fuel filter, might be something worth changing, and what wide band are you running?

01yellercobra

Established Member
Whats the fuel pressure doing during the pull? Is it dropping or staying consistant? What about the voltage? If the alternator is dying it can cause fuel issues.

hemified86

Established Member
Voltage 13 all the way through the run, pressure from 38 to 41psi from 1500 to 6000rpm's. The same as my old dadta logs from a year ago.

Don 95Vert

Established Member
May not be it, but when Bosch wideband sensors go bad, they read lean especially under boost.
Don

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Voltage 13 all the way through the run, pressure from 38 to 41psi from 1500 to 6000rpm's. The same as my old dadta logs from a year ago.

No tuner here, but doesn't your fuel pressure need to increase with increasing boost?

The boost acts to impede fuel flow

So at 10# of boost, a fuel pressure of 41 is really 31 as far as delivery?

I may be missing something?

Don 95Vert

Established Member
You are missing something. It is a returnless fuel system. What matters is that pressure drop across the injectors remains static.. Fuel pressure will vary, sometimes a lot as the PCM, FPDM and fuel pump tries to maintain that. In other words, it is a self compensating system.
Don

hemified86

Established Member
O2 sensor was shot, put a new one on and back to normal. Funny how to things go at once......o2 sensor and fuel line burst!!!

Users who are viewing this thread