need help smelling fuel

toms03cobra

Established Member
i had a return fuel system installed, i bought it form lethal, when i drive it with the passenger window down i can smell gas real bad and if i get on it the smell increases. it also smells real strong when i park it for a day or so in the garage. the smell seems to be coming from the passenger side wheel well. yet no leaks anywhere. someone told me it could be the line that absorbs the fuel. so i was fine with it until i heard about a 03 catching fire due to fuel systems being hooked up poorly. really could use some help thanks

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
i had a return fuel system installed, i bought it form lethal, when i drive it with the passenger window down i can smell gas real bad and if i get on it the smell increases. it also smells real strong when i park it for a day or so in the garage. the smell seems to be coming from the passenger side wheel well. yet no leaks anywhere. someone told me it could be the line that absorbs the fuel. so i was fine with it until i heard about a 03 catching fire due to fuel systems being hooked up poorly. really could use some help thanks

Did you do the install? If so retrace every connection slowly and carefully feeling for any wetness or coolness and sniffing for a strengthening of fuel smell as you go.

If you did not do the install, I would take it back to the people who did and ask them to locate the source and correct it, since dieing in a fiery blaze was no included in your original mod path.

Users who are viewing this thread