need help. What should I go with on my Termi?

LantzRC

Whatis that whine?
Established Member
Hey guys I'm a little concerned about the integrity of my snake I have an 03 cobra with billetflow 2.76 pullies JLT cai bassani X and tuned. I have the stock Eaton running 14 Lbs (ish) havnt checked exactly. I am trying to add a few things to help keep her intact under normal driving and some heavy fire breathing every now and then. I am thinking of starting with a full pully set. and oil seperater. I also think I should upgrade my cooling system to handle the heat. What mods do you guys think I should start with and in what order? unfortunately I'm on a budget and i can only add a few things at a time. not trying to spend huge money at the moment I just want to maintain its fuctions. Any thoughts help! Thanks!

CBelleperche

Established Member
You could also do an oil catch can setup so you don't get oil in your intake, when that happens your intercooler isn't as effective and it also lowers the octane of your fuel. Also look into a bigger heat exchanger for better cooling and a coolant expansion tank, more fluid to disperse the heat!

LantzRC

Whatis that whine?
Established Member
You could also do an oil catch can setup so you don't get oil in your intake, when that happens your intercooler isn't as effective and it also lowers the octane of your fuel. Also look into a bigger heat exchanger for better cooling and a coolant expansion tank, more fluid to disperse the heat!

I'm gonna start with the oil seperator and the thermo. then gonna grab the afco heat exchanger next week. After that I'm gonna start on coolant expansion tank and meth injection.

CBelleperche

Established Member
Why not tune for E85 instead of having to plumb a meth setup? E85 does the same thing as meth, has an octane rating of 105 and burns cooler because it's methanol.

CBelleperche

Established Member
Invest the 600 from a meth kit into a fuel system. E85 is cheaper than 93 and he won't have to keep filling up the meth tank.... Just an idea!

LantzRC

Whatis that whine?
Established Member
Invest the 600 from a meth kit into a fuel system. E85 is cheaper than 93 and he won't have to keep filling up the meth tank.... Just an idea!

Actually, yeah. I might spring for this Ive got a few extra dollars to play with..ordered the oil seperator and thermostat yesterday. How much cheaper does E85 run than 93? It sounds like a good idea though.

LantzRC

Whatis that whine?
Established Member
I asked around yesterday and I found 3 within about 7 miles of where i live. There are a few more a little further out.

CBelleperche

Established Member
Well if you're not takin long trips I highly reccomend it! Might need to get a BAP because it takes about 25% more fuel. Also would most likely want to use a slightly higher weight oil because of the ethanol.

Last edited:

LantzRC

Whatis that whine?
Established Member
Well if you're not takin long trips I highly reccomend it! Might need to get a BAP because it takes about 25% more fuel. Also would most likely want to use a slightly higher weight oil because of the ethanol.

Ok thanks for the info. Might do a little more research on it before I start yanking fuel components out. But sounds pretty solid to me. I'll probably pick up a few more things first. Really helpful stuff, thanks!

AluminatorSnake

Established Member

You also use a higher volume of fuel with e85 vs 93. Muscle mustang mag did a comparison on a stock 4v car and the price savings were washed out by the amount you had to use vs 93. That was also when e85 was cheaper than it is now. They spent more money for e85 than the did with 93 in the same amount of miles.

And you make it seem like you constantly have to fill up the meth tank. I have a 3 quart tank for my meth kit and go through 3 tanks of gas before i need to fill the tank, and it is about 1/4 full then. I just keep it full so the low level indicator wont flash when going around turns. I also just got my car finished so im not babying it. Meth usage depends completely on how he drives his car. If he doesnt drive like a fool and stay in boost he wont use much meth at all. He could potentially make an entire trip without injecting a single drop of meth. It also wont restrict him on where he drives his cobra, by always worrying if the area he is driving to has e85 pumps.

Last edited:

CBelleperche

Established Member
No one said use E85 to save money. What happens if one of the injectors for the meth systems goes out? Or the solenoid goes out while he is ripping on it. Could cause damage... Not saying it will but there is a chance.

LantzRC

Whatis that whine?
Established Member
yeah. money savings isnt really the issue. I have big plans for my snake so I am upgrading everything to handle it piece by piece. So when the time comes for the 2.3 Whipple Gen II. I'll have a few of the nessesary provisions. I also DD this right now so I am also looking for that "built to last" capability as well.

CBelleperche

Established Member
yeah. money savings isnt really the issue. I have big plans for my snake so I am upgrading everything to handle it piece by piece. So when the time comes for the 2.3 Whipple Gen II. I'll have a few of the nessesary provisions. I also DD this right now so I am also looking for that "built to last" capability as well.

Mine is E85 so you know what I'll say haha

Users who are viewing this thread