Need Help!!(why is my dyno number not higher with this ported blower)

maxx0ne

Established Member
I recently bought a ported blower from a member don't know who did the port job but it looked professionally done. I just tuned and dyno it and it produce the 2 more hp than my stock one which was 458 stock, 460 ported, my tuner said it could be the port job that caused the boost to drop which was happening in my case does this sound right to you? Mods are 2.76 upper,magnaflow catback, upr o/r xpipe, 100mm idler, bap, 2400maf, sct tune

Last edited:

Blueline

Established Member
With a port and 2.76 pulley you should have made more hp. What was your boost on the dyno? Can you post a pic of the port? Hopefully you have a pic of the port before you installed it, it will help identify the port.

maxx0ne

Established Member
With a port and 2.76 pulley you should have made more hp. What was your boost on the dyno? Can you post a pic of the port? Hopefully you have a pic of the port before you installed it, it will help identify the port.

It started around 12lbs and then started to drop to 10lbs around 5000 rpms. Ill check my inbox one of the members had pictures up when he was selling it.

Blueline

Established Member
Eatons arent that efficient up in the rpm range. You didnt list long tubes in your mods, so fi you dont have them you should be a little higher than 12lbs. with the 2.76. With my stage 4 port, 2.76 and o/x I was up around 13-14 depending on weather. However, there are many factors that could effect the 1-2lbs. Try to post up the pics, they will help alot.

maxx0ne

Established Member
Also just saw the sig of the member i bought it from and he had a 4lb lower,ported tb and plenum and made 494.

maxx0ne

Established Member
Eatons arent that efficient up in the rpm range. You didnt list long tubes in your mods, so fi you dont have them you should be a little higher than 12lbs. with the 2.76. With my stage 4 port, 2.76 and o/x I was up around 13-14 depending on weather. However, there are many factors that could effect the 1-2lbs. Try to post up the pics, they will help alot.

Ok ill try.

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
I made a little over 500 rwhp with a POSI Ported Eaton & 2.76" Upper only....My supporting mods are in my sig.....My '04 Cobra made 467 rwhp with a stock Eaton....

maxx0ne

Established Member
I made a little over 500 rwhp with a POSI Ported Eaton & 2.76" Upper only....My supporting mods are in my sig.....My '04 Cobra made 467 rwhp with a stock Eaton....

Thats why im puzzled. Time to buy a posi port. This sucks

Blueline

Established Member
Yeah but Tim if it was in his supporting mods, Im sure his tuner would have told him he was running out of fuel and had to cut the pull short. Im either guessing the blower isnt ported or it was ported incorrectly. With my Stage4 with stock everything I made 494 rwhp and who knows on rwtq lol

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
Well, something is not right there for sure .... sounds like you have the correct supporting mods....what was the timing at?? I would expect to see 23 deg. of timing with 93 octane!

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
One other thing I just thought of .... check the Boost Actuator to make sure it's closing All the way under WOT ... Otherwise you will lose Boost!

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
I sold it to him. Car made 494rwhp with the 2.76 upper only. I had a JLT intake, 60lb's, MAFia, o/r x, and borla cb. Tune was 22 degrees of timing and 11.8 A/F. Boost peaked at 13.5-14lbs with that setup. Upper only the car trapped 125. I'm not sure why it didn't pick up on his car at this point. When I had the stock blower and a 2.76 it made 454, so I picked up 40 wheel when I put it on.
Here are the inlet and outlet pics of the blower.

IMG_1695_1.jpg

Outletpic.jpg

Last edited:

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
One other thing I just thought of .... check the Boost Actuator to make sure it's closing All the way under WOT ... Otherwise you will lose Boost!

This is the first thing that came to mind, along with belt slip. Any way to post the dyno graph?

Users who are viewing this thread