Need help with. 2.3 whipple boost actuator pls

delly

Established Member
Can someone explain what I do with my bypass boost actuator on the 2.3 whipple? I installed the charger and now I'm confused about the hook up to the bypass actuator, I can't even get the line on the bottom it's to tight to get in there.. I did do searches and I'm getting mixed things here, what's everybody else doing? I still have egr and don't plan on removing it. Thx guys.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm not sure if whipples are different, but a lot of guys running a tvs blower leave the bottom port of the bypass valve in "open air" Thus meaning not hooked up. It normally connects to your intake tube. Below is a link for hooking up lines on a tvs blower, concept should be quite similar to a whipple I would assume. Running the egr however might change a couple things?

http://vmptuning.com/terminator/Cobra TVS Parts list & Install Notes.pdf

delly

Established Member
I'm not sure what to do... If left open do I just plug the line that use to go to the stock one?

cj428mach

Established Member
I should still have a copy of the whipple instructions I can email. Send me your email address and I'll email them to you when I get a chance. Mine is hooked up just like factory. The rubber hose extensions needed to be on the valve before install as with the blower on its going to be almost impossible to reach them.

delly

Established Member
Cj thx , I have the instructions.. I'm not understanding it thou.. I'm also having trouble reaching the port to put the vac hose on there, wish the instructions would of said to have the end on before installing supercharger lol. I'm just trying to figure out the best way to go now, if it needs to be on I'll get it somehow. Hopefully.

cj428mach

Established Member
Cj thx , I have the instructions.. I'm not understanding it thou.. I'm also having trouble reaching the port to put the vac hose on there, wish the instructions would of said to have the end on before installing supercharger lol. I'm just trying to figure out the best way to go now, if it needs to be on I'll get it somehow. Hopefully.

I bought my whipple used so it had the extension hoses on it thank god, or I would have probably done the same thing. I've had the blower off several times now and when I do I watch those hoses like crazy because if they'd get pinched or damaged it wouldn't be fun to replace them.

delly

Established Member
Anybody else?? Cj how long have you had yours hooked up? Any problems?

delly

Established Member
So the line that goes to the bottom port cap off? That's the line that's right near the egr vacuum line, it runs thru the harness to the my jlt cold air induction.. Man I wish I could remove all this crap on the side of the blower, just not sure if it will harm anything..it would be a lot cleaner that's for sure. Do tuners turn this boost valve off in the tune?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
No the only thing you would cap off is the hole on your intake. The lower port on the bypass valve would stay open with nothing attached to it. I'm just not sure if it's ok to run it like that with all the egr and other stuff hooked up.

Last edited:

delly

Established Member
Yeah I'm not sure whipple says instruction to leave open if your not using the boost solenoid and to re route a hose to the top port, but they don't explain which hose to route and as far as I know I'm still using the boost solenoid, unless it gets taken out of the tune.

delly

Established Member
All you guys not running your egr , how do you pass emissions at dmv? Here in nj they check the cats with the pipe ,I would prob fail if I had no egr.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah I'm not sure whipple says instruction to leave open if your not using the boost solenoid and to re route a hose to the top port, but they don't explain which hose to route and as far as I know I'm still using the boost solenoid, unless it gets taken out of the tune.

If your still using the boost solenoid then you should probably try to hook up that hose on the lower bypass valve. I'd stick with whipples instructions.

delly

Established Member
It's just not hooked up, it goes to my cai, when I had the eaton there that line would always fall off at the cai tube on the bottom and it never did anything so I'm assuming the same for the whipple will see, maybe the tuner will have some input. Thx dubbs

Users who are viewing this thread