Need Help with a Decision

Go Heels

This space is useless
Established Member
Well, I bought a 2005 Acura RSX Type S after I sold my 2000 Mustang GT and I totally hate it...no torque...all jackasses with fart cans have something to prove..etc. Well, I'm thinking about selling the Acura and getting either a 04 Cobra or 05 or 06 Mustang GT..I can't decide. I worry about finding a Cobra that hasn't had the crap kicked out of it..modded and then returned to stock form. I know Ford has a certified program that provides a powertrain warranty up to 75,000 miles...which does help. What do you guys think...I think the price will be about the same..depending on mileage.
Let me know what you guys think...
Thanks

Mach170

evangelist
Established Member
05+ Mustang GT, buy new, you wont have to worry about it breaking and they handle very very nice :thumbsup:

Fast99Snake

IRS'd GT
Established Member
if this is going to be a dd go new
otherwise if u want a weekend warrior and to do some modding and have a little more fun with the car go with a cobra

TomballGuy05

Established Member
I would go with the Cobra. I guess this would depend on what the car will be used for though...daily driver or weekend car? Either way personally I would go with a Cobra, just a low mileage one but in the end its your decision.

Go Heels

This space is useless
Established Member
It's going to be my Daily Driver, I put about 13,000 miles on a car a year. Have any of the 04 & 03 Cobra owners in here had alot of problems with thier Cobras???

CobraChris08

Why you pushing me?
Established Member
Fast99Snake said:
if this is going to be a dd go new
otherwise if u want a weekend warrior and to do some modding and have a little more fun with the car go with a cobra

+1 Well said.

Go Heels

This space is useless
Established Member
I bought an 05 GT Prem. 5 speed. I love the way the power builds after 3500 RPM and the sound is pure sex. I paid $24,000 OTD, it has every option except the Shaker 1000 (it has the shaker 500...which is plenty loud) and it has 12,000 miles..plus it has the Ford Certified Warranty on the drivetrain until 75,000 miles.

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
I traded in my mach towards my cobra recently... When I went to look at it, I asked what warranty it had, 7/75k and it was certified.

So, I asked the salesmen, after pointing out tooling marks on several bolts (and different pieces of harware) if any of the pieces were covered... he told me everything.... I kept asking him in other ways, esp since it was obvious the blower pulley had been changed in the past.... he told me, since its certified that its all covered and past modification doesnt matter, since the tech that OK'd it signed saying it was good. :)

Go Heels

This space is useless
Established Member
Read the paperwork that came with Ford Certifed Warranty...I'm pretty certain it's powertrain only until 75,000. You still will have your bumper to bumper for 3 years 36,000 miles from the date service.

Users who are viewing this thread