Need help with a Trailer!!!!!!!

BadBoy50

Established Member
Hi my name is dave and I am about to buy Dr. Wu 2000 Red cobra. I wanted to pick this car up this weekend and I have a truck the only problem is that I don't have a trailer to pull it with. Now mike suggested that I maybe ask someone in here since I live around the Baltimore area. I have tried uhaul and they apparently are all out for this weekend. So I was wondering if any of you guy would be willing to help me out in this situation. I would be willing to give 50$ for the trailer, thats how much uhaul was asking but I would greatly appreciate it. Because I was suppose to go there tomorrow after work but anytime this weekend would work. Thanks :shrug:

BadBoy50

Established Member
No because I willn't have the lien title until somtime next week. And i can't use a tag off one of my cars because knowing my luck I would get pullied over and the $hit will hit the fan from there on.

Mike K

مسافر عالمي
Established Member
If i am not mistaken as long as you have a bill of sale (both of you can type that up and sign it) and you have insurance on it (you can have insurance on it before you own it) then you can drive it.

You could also take the bill of sale and proof of insurance to the MVA and have temp tags made.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Wish I could help you...Happen to be up here and going home tomorrow to Laurel.

Hope it all works out!

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
BadBoy50 said:
No because I willn't have the lien title until somtime next week. And i can't use a tag off one of my cars because knowing my luck I would get pullied over and the $hit will hit the fan from there on.
Hey Dave, you're getting yourself one beautiful Cobra! Mike took great care of it.

I bought my Cobra from a fella north of Baltimore and drove it home on illegal tags, got pulled over, and fined pretty darn good. You're being real smart here IMO.

We have several trailers in the club, but none anywhere near Baltimore that I can think of. How about paying this week and getting back up there next week after the lien release goes through? Or, what I should of done!

slosnake

Established Member
Go to DMV and get a transport pass!!All you need is the VIN and proof of insurance!! You will get a 2 day transport pass to get the car home!! Thats what I did when I bought my Cobrafrom a guy in Richmond!! Cost was $5.00!! And its legal!!! LOL

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
I've got my bobcat trailer here. Beaver tail with short ramps. But I am looking for extended ramps for it so I can use it. If anyone has a line on ramps, you can use it.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
SVTCobra3212 said:
sugestion: you could probably call a u-haul up here (in pa) and pick it up here when you come get the car. I'm pretty sure you can do a one way with it. Not positive.

I tried to rent one and was told they will only let you rent 1 way with the auto carriers. May bhave been BS but that is what they told me.

paintballpyro1

Established Member
i thought if you buy a car you are aloud to drive it home and home only then it has to stay parked till you get tags and whatnot. thats what the police told me when a guy gave me his grand prix. just call the police dept(non-er line) and ask about it and if you can drive it home or not they will tell you.

Users who are viewing this thread