• Welcome to SVTPerformance!
ATTENTION!
You may experience intermittent issues while accessing the site over the next 60-90 minutes, as we perform maintenance and upgrades.

NEED HELP with a vehicle sale question? Florida to Texas

Discussion in 'Road Side Pub' started by SlickDos1, Jun 11, 2021.

1. SlickDos1

SlickDos1 OneBad 5.0 Established Member

Hi guys,

I hope this is the right section to ask this question. Anyway, I have my 03 cobra listed in the marketplace.

The buyer is located in TX and I am in FL. His bank is telling him they need the car inspected first to be able to register it before the loan clears. He is planning to have the car shipped. However, I am not shipping my car unless I receive payment first.

The bank he is using in Texas suggested him to get a loan from a bank here or one that doesn't require the TX inspection, then he could simply refi with the current bank.

Is this a normal thing for someone purchasing a car in Texas? Him and I have never been in this situation and would appreciate any advice.

Thanks!!!!!

2. Bdubbs

Bdubbs u even lift bro? Premium Member Established Member

I'm not familiar with Texas laws with cars, but I've never heard a bank doing this. If I was the buyer, I'd tell that bank to pound sand and go elsewhere.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

ShelbyGT5HUN likes this.
  3. MG0h3

MG0h3 Well-Known Member Established Member

Never gotten a loan here but I suspect they are referring to the annual state inspection we have to get to register every year.

It’s a non sniff test. Just all the safety and OBD II scan for readiness monitors.

I suspect that on older cars they are concerned that the buyer will default if the car shows up and he can’t register it.

Like Bdubbs said, dude needs to provide more info or like you said, find a new buyer.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

4. MG0h3

MG0h3 Well-Known Member Established Member

It’s also possible the loan officer doesn’t know what he/she/it/non binary gender fluid person is talking about.

Another possibility is that this is a Texas only bank. Not like every out of state purchase runs into this.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

5. ford fanatic

ford fanatic Four Eyed Freak Established Member

I thought there was just a thread on this, different state but same situation.

6. BlckBox04

BlckBox04 I am the liquor Premium Member Established Member

Why would a bank care about inspection laws? Their job is to be a lender not a motor vehicle commission. It’s up to the buyer and loan applicant to do due diligence and be responsible for that stuff.

Bdubbs likes this.
  7. RDJ

RDJ ZERO shits given Established Member

Never heard of this. What part of Texas? I would also recommed he find a different bank

This depends entirely on which county the car is in. El Paso, being in BFE probably doesn't have th sniff test. Austin, houston, dallas, ft worth most certainly do have the sniff test

Loan officer being an unmittigated idiot is the most likely answer

RedVenom48 likes this.
  8. SlickDos1

SlickDos1 OneBad 5.0 Established Member

Thanks everyone! I’m just going to wait on someone else to purchase it.