Need help with coilover shock choices

rubber duck

Established Member
I don't know much about coilovers, but the car I bought came with them. Is there a special shock you need to run specifically with coilovers? Car is a converted SRA car. Looking for something with good street manners but will still allow me to lauch the car at the track, so an adjustable shock sounds like it might be what I'm looking for. I'm not looking for a complicated setup spending hours trying to dial them in. Just looking for a decent shock at a reasonable price. Thanks for any suggestions.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
I personally would call Maximum Motorsports or Griggs and talk with them on the phone about it. You will get a million recommendations here that probably won't put you on track. I had Koni Double adjustables with my Griggs coil overs that rode well, before that I had a generic Tokico shock that I had grooved to fit a Generic coil over setup that did not fair too well with noise and longevity.

rubber duck

Established Member
I'm not really looking to have to modify the shock to fit the setup. Just something I can put in there and not worry about, minor tinkering aside.

Users who are viewing this thread