Need help with coolant explosion

MysticCobra281

JaysonBourne
Established Member
im running an f1-a at 22psi. under boost coolant is blowing out of the overflow cap completely covering the motor. I thought blown head gasket but the car is still pulling hard up to that point. im running stock 9.76:1 compression and all im hearing is cylinder pressure. im not a mechanic so I don't know enough to say anything about that. im wanting to make at least 850whp by spring through a t56. im wondering 1st... wat is causing the coolant to explode all over my engine under boost and 2. do I need to change pistons to make the power im wanting. im gonna send my heads off and probably do cams and long tubes. id like to turn the boost up but Im not sure I can with my setup. any help would be appreciated. thanks guys

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Most likely a head gasket. If you know someone with a tester use it and see if your cooling system will hold pressure.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
That seems odd. Do you run a aftermarket water pump? Or do you run a electric water pump? I'm wondering if you're spinning the water pump to hard..

MysticCobra281

JaysonBourne
Established Member
Stock water pump. The only thing I can think of is somehow compression is getting in the cooling system under boost

Users who are viewing this thread