• Welcome to SVTPerformance!
ATTENTION!
You may experience intermittent issues while accessing the site over the next 60-90 minutes, as we perform maintenance and upgrades.

Need help with Coyote timing cover differences

Discussion in 'Coyote Series Engines' started by 03'Darin, Jul 30, 2020.

1. 03'Darin

03'Darin Well-Known Member Established Member

I'm trying to figure out the difference in the front timing covers between the Coyote Mustang and the F-150 Coyote motors.

We have a 2015 Mustang Coyote motor in our road race car. I have a 2018F-150 Coyote motor that I'm looking to set up as a spare.

Here is what I do know:
    - 2018 F150 and Mustang front covers are the same
    - 2015 Mustang front cover is different than the 18'
    - 2018 F150 and Mustang front covers use the same crank seal and have the same crank
    - 2015 Mustang cover has an idler pulley on the opposite side as the F150 cover

Does anyone know if the 15' Mustang cover with the 18' crank seal is what I need?

We're trying to set the motor up as close to the same as the 15' Mustang motor setup to make a track side swap quicker.

We do endurance road racing which consists of several hours of practice and qualifying on Friday and then an 8 or 9 hour race both Saturday and Sunday. So having a spare that we could swap at the track could help reduce the chance of throwing a weekend away if we break Friday or Saturday.

I've done a ton of searching but can't seem to find the answers.

2. BIGONTS

BIGONTS Member Established Member

Hey. I have the same questions. Did you get any answers? Thanks

3. 03'Darin

03'Darin Well-Known Member Established Member

I didn't get any answers.

Project has kind of been on the back burner. But I still need the info. Maybe now that the question is back to the top someone with info will chime in