Need help with DDM Hi/low kit install

SVT1999

Livin' Life
Established Member
If anyone has installed this kit could you tell me if the power that goes to the HID harness comes from the headlight plug wire or do I need to follow the wire back to where it comes from the ECU?
Did the 9007 hi/low kit install just like the directions? Because I am having issues getting this wired up... I called the tech support and they told me the plug on the harness needs to connect need the ECU.... this doesnt seem right, its not what the instructions said and I don't see where it would clip into!!!!!

I need help!

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Are you using a relay harness? If not, you just connect the ballast to the factory harness.

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
if i'm remembering this right, i ran one wire to a ground, one wire to the positive on the battery, and everything else is plug and play. You plug the hid harness directly into the drivers side headlight bulb harness

SVT1999

Livin' Life
Established Member
I am using a relay harness, it came with the kit. I think it must be a new style kit. I talked with a friend who ordered one from them and his connected like you said yours did. I think I am going to try to just connect it to the factory harness where the bulb used to connect to. I can't see that it makes any difference if i plug it in there or near the ECU. I will just need to buy some wire connections.
thanks for the help!

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
If you have a relay, it should connect like this: Postive battery, ground, relay harness plug into driver's side factory harness, relay harness plug into driver's side HID ballast, relay harness plug into passenger side HID ballast. You should only plug into the driver's side factory harness.

If you want, post a picture of your harness and we can see if it's right.

SVT1999

Livin' Life
Established Member
100_1077.jpg
[/IMG]
pic 2 is plug that is on harness
100_1076.jpg
[/IMG]
factory headlight plug
100_1078.jpg
[/IMG]

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
that should plug into the factory harness on the drivers side

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
can you pull the wires out of the back of the ddm plug? so then you'd just have 3 separate wires with the medal spades on the ends. then plug the spades into the factory harness

SVT1999

Livin' Life
Established Member
thats what i will do if there isn't a place for the HID connection to connect to. I would prefer to have the plastic adapters in place to keep the connections clean... i wont be able to pull the wires right out, but i can cut and splice new connectors on them. I think they sent me the wrong harness and they aren't owning up to it. I called them twice and they are firm on that it is correct.

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
ok i remember now. mine had a blue adapter that connected the ddm harness to the oem harness. It wouldnt stay tight so i ended up pulling the wires out and just plugging them in individually to the oem harness. I wrapped them in electrical tape.

SVT1999

Livin' Life
Established Member
006 thanks. i saw that diagram and will use it to figure out which is hi vs. low. 5spd07gt thanks for the help. i am giving up for the night but will be working on it tomorrow.

matt87

Established Member
wonder if you got the wrong kit. mine was a blue connector also. theres a pic of my kit in the new england section under a post by me selling stuff. its on page 3 and ya you definetly got a different kit.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread