Need help with de-badging

Team Dave

I broke something
Established Member
I ran a few searches with zero results.. But I ran into some issues last weekend when I tried debadging the Cobra. I used a hair dryer to get the badges off (the SVT badge and Ford oval), and they came off pretty easily. There was still a bunch of residue leftover... the SVT badge looks like it's still there, ha. I held the hairdryer up to it for a while and couldn't really peel off anymore. I used some rubbing compound, and now it looks scratched? I also tried Goo-gone or whatever, and it didn't really do much either.

Any advice as to getting the residue off? Then once I get that off, I guess I need to buff it all out, since the rubbing compound did a lot more harm than good.

Oh, and before you ask.. I have an 03 Cobra SVT badge sitting right here on my coffee table.. I just refuse to put it on until I have a clean surface to work with. I plan on putting it over the two holes where the oval was.

I have some pics too. Any input would be GREATLY appreciated..

PICT0009.gif

PICT0017.gif

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
GooGone does pretty well at getting the adhesive off.

PLASTIC razor blades also come in handy...

If that doesn't work; get a terry towel and some PB Blast penetrant lube (works quick; dissolves nearly anything; won't harm clearcoat)...follow with an Isoprop. Alcohol wipe down and apply new badge.

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
you should have used a fishing line first. What i used to get my emblems off was Goo gone Xtreme, it gets ANYTHING off, i just sprayed it on my ford emblem, waited about 10 seconds and easily peeled off the ford emblem like it was nothing. You can get goo gone Xtreme just about anywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread