Need help with Dual Pump Return Style Fuel System Harness

Street Warrior

SVT Power
Established Member
This is the link
Lethal Performance Dual Pump Return Style Fuel System Wiring Harness - Return Style Wiring Harness - Fuel Delivery - 03-04 SVT Cobra

Love the harness and the quality of product but having trouble getting the proper pigtail to go with my older Fore hat. With this in the description for the harness on the website I surly thought it wouldn't be a problem.
"Pigtails for older Fore and DivisionX hats are available."

So I gave Lethal a call and to make a long story short these are the options given to me.

First, when I asked about "Pigtails for older Fore and DivisionX hats are available" as stated on the website, the response was "It must be a typo"?
Sorry, that's not a typo.

Second was "Buy one of newer hats to work with the harness". Not spending another $400 plus just for the hell of it.

Third "Just cut the harness and hard wire it" This kinda defeats the purpose of a "Plug & Play" harness let alone dificut to drop the gas tank with no way to disconnect the power.

So I ask if you can't provide the plug can you tell me the manufacture and I'll buy it direct.
"NO" - these are made exclusive for us and can't do that!!!

I've been in the customer service business for 25 years and I can't understand the lack of effort to help me out. Surely there is the proper plug for this that's not attached to a $400 Division X hat.
No effort to contact the manufacture and see what can be done.

I also can't believe that I'm the first person to run into this problem.

If anyone is familiar with this type of plug for this harness, please help me out.

Sorry for the rant, just truly disappointed.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
This is the link
Lethal Performance Dual Pump Return Style Fuel System Wiring Harness - Return Style Wiring Harness - Fuel Delivery - 03-04 SVT Cobra

Love the harness and the quality of product but having trouble getting the proper pigtail to go with my older Fore hat. With this in the description for the harness on the website I surly thought it wouldn't be a problem.
"Pigtails for older Fore and DivisionX hats are available."

So I gave Lethal a call and to make a long story short these are the options given to me.

First, when I asked about "Pigtails for older Fore and DivisionX hats are available" as stated on the website, the response was "It must be a typo"?
Sorry, that's not a typo.

Second was "Buy one of newer hats to work with the harness". Not spending another $400 plus just for the hell of it.

Third "Just cut the harness and hard wire it" This kinda defeats the purpose of a "Plug & Play" harness let alone dificut to drop the gas tank with no way to disconnect the power.

So I ask if you can't provide the plug can you tell me the manufacture and I'll buy it direct.
"NO" - these are made exclusive for us and can't do that!!!

I've been in the customer service business for 25 years and I can't understand the lack of effort to help me out. Surely there is the proper plug for this that's not attached to a $400 Division X hat.
No effort to contact the manufacture and see what can be done.

I also can't believe that I'm the first person to run into this problem.

If anyone is familiar with this type of plug for this harness, please help me out.

Sorry for the rant, just truly disappointed.

I'm sorry you're disappointed. However it was indeed a typo. The connector for the older Fore and DX hats to mate with our new harness is not available. It never was and was mistakenly put in the description of the product. Our apologies for that.

The options given to you are truly the only options we have available.

1. Cut the connector off of the wire harness and either mate the wires of the harness directly to the wires on the hat or you can purchase some sort of a weatherpack connector that will you allow to do so.

2. Purchase a newer style hat which uses the 6 pin connector to make it a true plug and play setup.

3. Send back the harness for a refund.

I'm one of the owners here and listened to my employee give these options to you. He was informative and polite the entire phone call and even asked me while he was on the phone with you if there was any other options. I was the one that told him no. That's because I know the other side of that connector isn't available to us. If it was I would offer it. I don't know who makes the actual connector we use on our harness's but I'm not willing to give you the vendor info of who we purchase the harness's from.

I understand that this may not be what you want to hear but it's all we have to offer you at this time.

If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.

Thanks, Jared
561-753-8105 ext 201

Street Warrior

SVT Power
Established Member
I'm one of the owners here and listened to my employee give these options to you. He was informative and polite the entire phone call and even asked me while he was on the phone with you if there was any other options. I was the one that told him no. That's because I know the other side of that connector isn't available to us. If it was I would offer it. I don't know who makes the actual connector we use on our harness's but I'm not willing to give you the vendor info of who we purchase the harness's from.

I understand that this may not be what you want to hear but it's all we have to offer you at this time.

If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.

Thanks, Jared
561-753-8105 ext 201

Thanks Jared and your right, that's not what I wanted to hear.

Yes the person I was talking too was polite and I'm sorry if you thought I was implying that he wasn't. Not my point for this.

You have a great product that I'm trying too make work in my application. I understand that you don't want to give out your supplier to me directly. I'm just trying to find out the proper connector to fit and I'm sure your supplier has that information. This would have saved me some time instead of google searches to find the connector, call manufactures, and find retails services for this product.

So far I believe it's an Apex 2.8 connector but until I talk to the manufactor tomorrow, I won't know for certain. I will keep you posted on my findings so if you ever have this situation arise again, you'll have a solution.

Thanks,
John

Street Warrior

SVT Power
Established Member
Well it is an APEX 2.8 connector, I got it at Mouser.com. here's some pictures.
DSCN0723_zps86756aa7.gif

DSCN0724_zps0618a55f.gif

DSCN0725_zpsc4f76253.gif

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Thanks for letting us know that you were able to track one down. We were told it was not available from our supplier. Glad you got your system wired up as you liked, it looks very clean. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread