Need help with Fuel injector

How2003cobra

Established Member
Hi All

I need some advise. I am an orig owner of a 2003 cobra. I recently had the P 308 light come on. I had a friend and check it out and looking at the diagnostic tool that plugs in. He said it was too much fuel going into my cylinder eight. Question with this make a misfire also, how hard is it to change the fuel injectors on this car and should I go with the original, go with a higher pressure fuel injector

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
P0308 is a cylinder 8 (driver side closest to firewall) misfire code. First step is to check that coil and spark plug, could be as simple a coil going out. If everything looks ok you can try swapping coils with the adjacent cylinder, clear the code and see if/when it comes back it still says cylinder 8 or does it follow the coil to #7.

are you having any noticeable issues or just the cel? It's also possible there could be a bigger issue with that cylinder but start simple unless there's more background info being left out

03' White Snake

Established Member
Agree with above. Swap coil to a different cylinder and see if the misfire follows.

Injectors are very easy to swap. Is the car stock? Does it have a tune? If the car is stock, put in stock replacements and be good to go. If the car is modded, go with 60lb or 80lb injectors. This will require an updated tune though.

How2003cobra

Established Member
Hi I swapped it out as you said nothing changed once cleared it takes a while for the code to pop on. The car is basically stock expect for a cold air intake . Car does run smooth I didn’t know you can tune these cars. Is it a flash tune ? Oh did I need to tune the car after I did the cold air I take

Thank you

01yellercobra

Established Member
If it takes a while either the COP is starting to fail or the plugs needs to be replaced. If it's been a while I would swap in a new set of plugs. Number the COPs so you know which cylinder they came out of to keep things straight for your troubleshooting.

Does it happen after getting into boost? If you kept the stock MAF in place you're fine without a tune. Depending on the software used you might need a hand held device to flash a tune. Some write straight to the ECU.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
id keep it simple and figure out the coil/plug situation before you start playing with injectors, tune etc... dont add variables to the equation

when you say "a while" how many miles or what metric are you using

How2003cobra

Established Member
I just changed the plugs. And swapped the CP. I would say 100 miles. Also I changed the throttlebody with a Accufab Oval Throttle Body & Power Inlet Plenum Combo . Did I have to tune when I did that.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
so after swapping coil packs around is it still saying a misfire on #8 or have you pulled the actual code?

01yellercobra

Established Member
Just to clear some things up...

You swapped out the intake, throttlebody, plenum, and plugs then the P0308 code popped up? At that point you swapped the COP and the P0308 stayed in place?

Did you clear the code after swapping the COP?

01yellercobra

Established Member
Is the rest correct?

If so, swap the number 8 plug with another cylinder and see if the code follows.

Users who are viewing this thread